BSOD first time boot up for the day

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
My new Computer give me the Blue screen of death for the first time it boot for the day. I am running a Triple boot system But the one it boot up on by Defalt is Vista so that I have seen the Blue screen. I haven't tryed it on any of the other OS yet. that is my next test tomarow morning. When Vista boot up the second time and works it give me this error code that it has recovered from.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFFA6000B4BAAB
BCP3: FFFFFA60083CFE38
BCP4: FFFFFA60083CF810
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

My spec:
AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Quad Core
GeForce 9800 GT
RAM:4GB
Hard Drive: 160 GB and 200 GB
OS:Vista Enterprise 64 Bit, Windows 7 Beta 64bit, XP 64bit

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Ok I am running Memtest so far it has made one pass and no errors. But I will let it run for a bit longer just incase.

I have Corsair memory modle number TWIN2X4096-6400C5
you can find it on Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145184&Tpk=TWIN2X4096-6400C5

All I did was stick it in. I didn't mess with anything in the BIOS that had to do with Memory. So I think is all set to Auto on Voltage and timings. I will check when I am done with Memtest

Thanks

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
No, Vista was the first OS that I installed.
But I did install Win 7 Beta Resently and I notice the Blue screen around that time as well. This make me think the Win 7 has something to do with the problem. But if it is software then it should happen everytime not just in the morning, right?

Also, I have been booting into Win 7 instead of Vista. I have tryed it for two days now I have not had a Blue Screen Yet.

I Changed it to 1.9V i don't know what it was before it just said Auto. So I Guess we will see what happens in the Morning when I Boot in to Vista.

Thanks

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I tried to repair but it said the recovery Console was incompatible with the OS I was using.
This is the same disk I use to install Vista. My Vista Edition is Vista Enterprise 64 bit.

Yes the power supply is a cheap one

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not sure if it's at all related, but I had (have) an issue where if I power up my gaming system for the first time (see specs below) and immediately start my game (City of Heroes), it will, almost without fail, BSOD on me. After the reboot, I can game for hours without issue.

Some testing on my part seems to point at my anti-virus (don't recall if it's Avast or AVG Free) program attempting an automatic update shortly after the system boots up. If I initialize the anti-virus update and wait for that to complete before I attempt starting the game, I don't blue-screen.

The fact that it only happens to you after the first boot of the day makes it seem like it's related to some background process that's timed to run once a day (like an automatic update).

Just my $0.02

-Wolf sends

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Oppps I forgot to tell you that it BSOD before windows starts.
So it will get to the progress bar screen then it Crashes. Some times it crashes when the right when the progress bar start and others it crashes after the progress goes away. And it is the Dump BSOB when it said something at the bottom about Dumping memory. And this only will happen with Vista. Win 7 and XP haven't ever done it.

But so far I have seen it crash when it is fully booted and is on the desktop.