Last response: in Windows XP
July 4, 2011 5:43:31 AM

I recently reformatted my computer. It is fairly old, here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2 Ghz 400fsb
Mobo: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
RAM: 2GB Corsair DDR
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600XT
Sound Card: Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black (WD6402AAEX) 640GB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB Cache (OEM)

The problem is pretty much exactly as described in the thread title. Normally I torrent everything and there is no problem because videos on my computer play fine (using VLC or MPC although VLC is my preference). However my household is switching over from TMN (on the television) to Netflix (on the internet) and when it comes to streaming, my video lags non-stop.

It's almost as if 1/4 of the frames from every second are missing from the video. There are no audio problems, only the video skipping and the skipping doesn't seem to happen on YouTube. It does happen for video streaming websites that use DivX and other web players and it is a major problem for Netflix which uses Microsoft Silverlight to play videos.

I just updated my video drivers to the latest version to try and fix the problem but to no avail.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or need any more information. I can't keep wasting my bandwidth torrenting all the stuff I'm paying Netflix $8/month for. Thanks.
July 4, 2011 3:23:57 PM

Update:

I normally only use Google Chrome and someone suggested to me that it might be a problem with Chrome; however I just downloaded the latest version of Firefox to give it a shot and the problem persists even in Firefox.

It should be noted that it is not likely to be any kind of problem with my internet as I have tried using Netflix with several other computers and laptops on the network with absolutely no issue. The problem is static to my computer.

Thanks for reading.
m
l
December 1, 2011 5:51:13 PM

I suddenly got the exact problem too ! have anybody experienced the same thing and found a solution, please be kind and reply :) 
I'll post a update here if I find any solotions,

Kind regards,
ME!
m
l
!