How to overclock a AMD 3400+?

Deadly-Knight

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Greetings!

A friend recommended this website a couple of years ago and got the answers I needed. I thought it would be a great place to come back for the issue I am having. Would appreciate any help possible. As I'm sure there are some threads on my particular CPU, I had to bare in mind that obviously not every system is built the same way and therefore, I rather picked the new thread option. So, here goes!

As with Starcraft 2 out, I am thinking about overclocking both my CPU and my video card until I custom-build my next system.

Instead of posting the specs, I thought screenshots would be less tedious and more pleasing to the eye.

processorr.jpg

graphicso.jpg

ram1z.jpg

ram2z.jpg

ram3.jpg

systemv.jpg

overclockingpanel.png

Some additional information:

HX620W Corsair Modular PSU
EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GS CO Edition
Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU cooler

If you guys need anything else, please do ask. As for the video card, I shall post this over to the appropriate section. Thank you!

Best regards,
D-K

P.S.: Please note that the temperatures seen are only temporary as I've never myself seen them so high in the past years. It is probably due to the fact that my A/C is not plugged in and that the ambient inside temperature is ranging anywhere between 27~30 degrees Celcius.

Deadly-Knight

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
*UPDATE*

I have checked the BIOS options (not that I know much of what's to follow anyway) and here is what I found which may help:

Chipset:

Memory CLK: 166 Mhz
CAS Latency (TCL): 3.0
DRAM RAS To CAS Delay 3 CLK
DRAM ActiveTime 7 CLK
DRAM RAS PRECHANGE Time 3 CLK
------------------------------------------------
MemClock Mode
MemClock Value
MCT Timing Mode
CAS Latency (CL)
DRAM RAS To CAS Delay