Sign in with
Your question

Bottleneck Question

Last response: in CPUs
April 27, 2009 1:40:54 AM

I have a Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz, 4 Gigs of RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, running on Vista 32bit and I still getting single digit fps in WoW in Dalaran and getting teens to 20s everywhere else. The GTS 250 should be more than capable of much higher fps and I'm wondering if the cpu is bottlenecking the system.

More about : bottleneck question

April 30, 2009 2:51:02 AM

MullaN said:
I have a Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz, 4 Gigs of RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, running on Vista 32bit and I still getting single digit fps in WoW in Dalaran and getting teens to 20s everywhere else. The GTS 250 should be more than capable of much higher fps and I'm wondering if the cpu is bottlenecking the system.

from the above specs, you could run it easily i'm more than certian it's vista, this same thing happened to me only Medieval 2 total war. honestly idk how to fix your problem I just know that its vista call tech support at your machines manufactourer(spelling)
a c 105 à CPUs
April 30, 2009 4:56:22 AM

MullaN said:

1. try turning your shadows off
2. turn down the distance detail settings
3. turn on your UI slider (it takes up more space) but I went from 60-70FPS to 110-120 with it turned on.

It could also be your internet connection, is your bar green, yellow, or red?

!