Buying food in Sims 2

Hi everyone, newbie to Sims 2 and I am completely puzzled about how to
go about buying food.

When I click on the computer to order groceries, all I get is a window
that pops up showing that I have purchased $0 in groceries and I have a
$0 delivery charge, and then a big fat "X" to exit.

I call a taxi and send one of my sims to a store and select "buy" on
one of the produce stands. Then I get the same thing.

What gives? What's the secret?
10 answers Last reply
More about buying food sims

    When that window comes up, there should be an arrow pointing up above
    the ... pill shape. Click and hold on that and you should be able to
    choose the amount of food you want to buy - up to about 400simoleons
    worth I think. Then I believe there should be a tick box for you to
    click to place the order.

    Hope that makes sense.

    ~*~
    vecki, a relative newbie giving advice! Who woulda thunk it?

    You buy food thru the refridgerator, I think.

    "Jonesy" <jonesy1973@excite.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone, newbie to Sims 2 and I am completely puzzled about how to
    > go about buying food.
    >
    > When I click on the computer to order groceries, all I get is a window
    > that pops up showing that I have purchased $0 in groceries and I have a
    > $0 delivery charge, and then a big fat "X" to exit.
    >
    > I call a taxi and send one of my sims to a store and select "buy" on
    > one of the produce stands. Then I get the same thing.
    >
    > What gives? What's the secret?

    "Jonesy" <jonesy1973@excite.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone, newbie to Sims 2 and I am completely puzzled about how to
    > go about buying food.
    >
    > When I click on the computer to order groceries, all I get is a window
    > that pops up showing that I have purchased $0 in groceries and I have a
    > $0 delivery charge, and then a big fat "X" to exit.
    >
    > I call a taxi and send one of my sims to a store and select "buy" on
    > one of the produce stands. Then I get the same thing.
    >
    > What gives? What's the secret?

    Do you have fridge ?

    Yeah call phone to groceries delivery. The delivery will cost $50 + food

    If you have $0 that mean you have full food in fridge ?

    "Wesley" <ilovekiss@bless.you.com> wrote in message

    > If you have $0 that mean you have full food in fridge ?

    No it always says zero until you move the sliding thing up.

    Gareeth

    Jonesy wrote:
    > Hi everyone, newbie to Sims 2 and I am completely puzzled about how to
    > go about buying food.
    >
    > When I click on the computer to order groceries, all I get is a window
    > that pops up showing that I have purchased $0 in groceries and I have a
    > $0 delivery charge, and then a big fat "X" to exit.

    See that little thing in the menu that looks like a Contac cold pill?
    Click on the little arrow above that and it will "fill" with the amount
    of food you ordered. Then click to exit and an order for that much food
    will be placed. A Webvan dude (hey, didn't they go under?) will appear
    at your door.

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Jonesy wrote:
    >> Hi everyone, newbie to Sims 2 and I am completely puzzled about how
    >> to go about buying food.
    >>
    >> When I click on the computer to order groceries, all I get is a
    >> window that pops up showing that I have purchased $0 in groceries
    >> and I have a $0 delivery charge, and then a big fat "X" to exit.
    >
    > See that little thing in the menu that looks like a Contac cold pill?
    > Click on the little arrow above that and it will "fill" with the
    > amount of food you ordered. Then click to exit and an order for that
    > much food will be placed. A Webvan dude (hey, didn't they go under?)
    > will appear at your door.

    You gotta watch for the delivery guy, too. He usually heads for the most
    inaccessible door. <g>

    Jeanie

    When your box comes up, there will be a "Level" on the left with arrows
    above and beneath it. Click on the arrows above the level to order food.
    This will be true if you go to a grocery store, order by phone, or order by
    the computer.

    Jeanie wrote:

    > You gotta watch for the delivery guy, too. He usually heads for the most
    > inaccessible door. <g>

    Yeah, but I've found that even if you don't meet him, he leaves the food
    there. The trick is just to find it.

    --
    --Cuth
  10. there should be a arrow going up and down click the up arrow.

Sims Computers Games Video Games Product