P6T with rosewill PSU 8-pin power cord question.

I am doing a new build and through research I am aware that my Mobo has two plug ins that are directly from the PSU. there is a 20+4 pin from the PSU that is attached on the right side of the board (if case is stadning up with Mobo installed) and on the top left side there is a 8 pin or 4+4 pin plug. With my PSU I have two cords that can (based on pins alone) be plugged into this plug. Per the purchasing website both of these are included and attached to the PSU unit 1x 4+4-Pin ATX12V/EPS12V Connector
1x 8-pin EPS12V Connector
Based on the labeling of these it leads me to believe that if you use one of the 4 pin sides (for an older/different Mobo) it would be ATX12V or is you use both it would be the same as the other 8 pin cord which is EPS12V. Is it safe to assume that I can use the 8-pin connector and set aside the 4+4 pin connection? Under this assumption the 8 pin wire is not long enough to run behind my Mobo so I have purchased an extension through newegg to add this but I want to be sure I am thinking correctly regarding this. THANKS
2 answers Last reply
More about rosewill power cord question
  1. I think you're right, but I certainly would not try to run any power wire behind the MB! I also would avoid using an extension, as that has the potential to lower the voltage or power transmitted a bit if the connection is poor. Isn't the 4+4pin plug wire long enough? Which PS model number do you have?
  2. Rosewill RBR1000-M 1000W, ATX12V v2.3/EPS12V, SLI Ready, Active-PFC, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Power Supply, UL,CUL,FCC,CB,TUV,ROHS - Retail..............This is the specific PSU and no it is not any longer and I do not mean directly behind the Mobo my case Antec 1200 has room b/w the Mobo plate and the case door where wires can be run. Sorry if that was confusing. through review's of the item on new egg no voltage losses were found when using the product here is a link. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200124
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Rosewill Motherboards Product