Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Hello Everyone,

System Specs-

-Core i3 540
-Gigabyte H55M-S2H
-MSI GTS250 TwinFrozr
-2x4gb G.Skill 1600 RAM

I would like to overclock my system slightly so that i can run my ram at it's specified speeds, which would be 1600mhz. As far as i know, the only way to go about this to to raise the bclk to 160 from 133, I'd also like to keep this a stock voltage overclock. I had raised the bclk to 150 and booted into windows, just to make sure everything was stable at that speed, before I tried 160. Everything seems fine, and my temps are icy cool. However, I noticed that in CPU-Z, the multiplier and voltage aren't fluctuating in the usual Speed Step manner. However, the temps reflect that speed step is working properly, as they are only a few degrees above ambient, and Real Temp reports the multiplier fluctuating as it should be. Is this a glitch with CPU-Z, or have I done something wrong in the overclocking process?

ramcrazy360

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
RealTemp shows a x10 multi at idle, but CPU-z always reports the max x23 multi and the voltage is always at 1.2v. I also have C1E and EIST enabled, the voltage is manually selected at 1.1875 in the BIOS, because when i left it on auto and raised the bclk, the voltage would be automatically raised to like 1.23v, i was never able to figure out why...