Graphics Card

phaseout

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Hey guys I'm pretty new to the hardware scene, and I need some help choosing out a new graphic's card.

So basically here are my specs (Not sure if this is what you guys need) :

specs.png

If you guys need any more information, please tell me. I'll try my hard to figure it out.

So anyways now that you have my specs, I'm planning on getting a new graphics card. But i'm not sure which one

Could anyone help me choose a good graphics card for gaming that will be compatible with my computer?

I'm looking for something around $ 100 - $ 130

Thanks a lot, I appreciate any type of help.

Noya

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006

He's got an older Dell, which might mean it uses a proprietary power supply. Which means he'd have to look at one of the PC Power & Cooling Dell-compatible models. I don't know if there's any way to check besides just testing it. Plus, is a Pentium 4 going to be fast enough to really utilize a 9800GT? A 4670 or so might be a little better for that computer at this point.

MegapowersXXL

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I would say it's time for a new computer if you're using it primarily for gaming. But with a 460w power supply you should be able to run a new card without a problem. The 9800GT is killer but as mentioned by another, your proc will bottleneck performance.

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006

That is completely up to you. If you believe you'll be able to play the games that you want to play at the visual levels you want to play them at, then there's no reason to get a new computer. With that being said, a Pentium 4-based computer is getting a bit long in the tooth at this point for some newer shooters and rpg's, but not for something like WoW or maybe a less graphically-and cpu-intensive game.