1. Using Windows Explorer, open the C:\windows\system32\drivers folder.
2. Select and right-click HdAudio.sys then select Properties from context menu.
3. In the Properties applet, click the Security tab.
4. In the Security tab, click Advanced then click the Owner tab thereafter.
5. In the Owner tab, you should see your username listed, click Edit.
6. You should see your username listed again. Select it and click OK.
7. Click OK when a message box appears.
8. Click OK again and click Edit.
9. Click Add and click Advanced then click Find Now.
10. Select your username and click OK and another OK.
Notice that your username is selected.
11. Tick the Full control checkbox and click OK.
12. Click Yes when prompted and click OK.
13. Delete HdAudio.sys and do the same for the other copies located in the following folders:
14. Download the driver from Lenovo support by clicking HERE.
15. When the download is completed, extract the SoundMax Vista driver by double-clicking it.
By default, it will be extracted on C:\Drivers\WIN\Audio.
16. Open the C:\Drivers\WIN\Audio\i386\Vista folder.
17. Copy ADIHdAud.inf and ADIHdAud.sys to the following:
* ADIHdAud.inf to C:\Windows\inf
* ADIHdAud.sys to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\
just click Continue when you encounter an access denied dialog box.
18. Launch the Device Manager and expand Sound, video and game controllers then uninstall High Definition Audio Device.
19. Reboot your computer.
20. After the reboot, launch the Device Manager and double-click Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus under Other Devices.
21. Click the Driver tab.
22. In the Driver tab, click Update Driver and select Browse my computer for driver software then select Let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer.
23. Scroll down then select Sound, video and game controllers and click Next.
24. From the list of compatible drivers, select SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio and click Next.
25. Click Close and another close then reboot your computer.
That's it. Hopefully, this works for you.