nikola07

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
i have problems with bios i need to put my windows dvd in order that my windows start and a guy told me i have to download new bios for my motherboard i read on motherboard d33c98 is that it and what to do can you please help?

Welcome to the forums.

OK. Let's see if I can figure out what you are asking.

Are you just trying to install Windows on a new computer? If so, all you need to do is change the device (hard drive, floppy, or optical) that the computer will boot from. The normal setting is "hard drive". You need to go into the BIOS to do this. This is a normal feature of all motherboards. It is not a problem.

Pressing the [DELETE] key (usually - it might be a different key) immediately after you hear the single short beep (if you have a system speaker installed) will enter the BIOS when you first turn on the computer.

Look in the "Advanced BIOS Features" or something like a "Boot" menu to change the first boot device to CD/DVD drive. The motherboard manual will tell you how. If you do not have a manual, you can usually find a copy on-line at the manufacturer's site.