Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How durable is water cooled system

Last response: in Overclocking
July 30, 2010 7:28:27 PM

Hello,

I was wondering how durable the water cooled system really is. Could I use a water cooled desktop 24/7 meaning not turning it off for good one month consecutively? or will water pump die out soon?

lastly, Say if I had tested a water cooled system for 48 hours without a leak. Will I have to constantly test the system once in a while to prevent possible leakage in the future? or Am I set for good until I touch the cooling system again?

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
July 30, 2010 7:55:50 PM

Obviously the pump will have a certain lifetime to it, but everything else in the system does as well. The pump's life will depend on the pump itself, hard to say.

You should be able to run it 24/7 just fine; I don't see any reasons why not.

As long as it's not leaking, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd check it once in awhile, general maintenance type of thing, but I wouldn't worry too much. I'd just go all out right away, and put some additional clamps over the tubing, as well as having barbed fittings. Just make sure they ain't going anywhere :) 
July 31, 2010 7:19:10 AM

Best answer selected by Sethpandora.
m
l
July 31, 2010 7:20:41 AM

Pyroflea said:
Obviously the pump will have a certain lifetime to it, but everything else in the system does as well. The pump's life will depend on the pump itself, hard to say.

You should be able to run it 24/7 just fine; I don't see any reasons why not.

As long as it's not leaking, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd check it once in awhile, general maintenance type of thing, but I wouldn't worry too much. I'd just go all out right away, and put some additional clamps over the tubing, as well as having barbed fittings. Just make sure they ain't going anywhere :) 

Thank you sir.

you have clarified everything. I was on the ledge whether to go WC or not but it seems i'm jumping on the WC wagon!

m
l
!