MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION VERSION 2002 SERVICE PACK 3 HAVE INTEL PENTIUM

Christine85

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Hello,
I HAVE A MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION VERSION 2002 SERVICE PACK 3 NAD I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF IT HAS A INTEL PENTIUM 300MHZ OR HIGHER BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE ANTIVRIUS PURE TOTAL SECURITY FROM KASPERSKY

Christine85

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

I got the same computer Windows XP Home Edition VERSION 2002 Service Pack 3 and the only information dislpayed is :

AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 2650e
1.61 GHz, 896 MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension
to me that does not say intel pentium i think all have to stick with Norton 360 Does anyone know for sure?

Did you see the part where it said "AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 2650e" ??

You have an AMD 64 bit, 1600Mhz processor. It will run anything Kaspersky makes.

You don't need a "Pentium" processor. Your AMD processor blows the doors off the minimum-Pentium.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Tigsounds, Ahem! Thus AMDs labeled 2650 run only 1600mhz, rofl.
Intels are stable and deliver what they say, get with the program.
Next you'll tell me Nvidia makes better cards than Radeon, check the benchmarks & prices.

As to Christine85, yes you have 5X+ the required speed.

Maybe you missed the part where I said her 1600Mhz AMD processor blows the doors off the minimum-Pentium?

Would you have her dump her 1600Mhz AMD and go to a garage sale to find an old Pentium 300 just to meet specs? (and not exceed them) ?

The comparison is based on minimum requirements and what she actually has.

Get with the program? I'm just letting her know she doesn't need to spend any more money to meet and exceed minimum specs of the program recommendations.

My CPU is made by AMD and I've never had any problem with it of any kind.

Nvidia vs Radeon... well it's a bit like Ford's and Chevy's. One will be better this year but left in the dust next year.
My choice this year would be a GeForce GTX 590 with a TESLA C2070 as a side dish to go (since the C2070 works with Windows XP).

benchmarks & prices? No power fiend cares what the price is, that is just a small detail of what it's going to take to get what they want. Just take a peek at what some of the members at
Folding@Home: THGC Needs You -Team 40051 are running for an example.

Have I now explained my answer to Christine85 to your satisfaction?

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
I just picked up on your attitude of "blows the doors off the minimum pentium" that's all.

GTX 590 cannot achieve the performance of the HD 6950, read the scores on this site.
nVidia has always been dragging behind, in all my years of computing I never seen them get ahead of Radeon on HW specs., frame rates or performance.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Actually that site was once a "cpu sharing cluster" to find alien life forms, now it's cancer ? Haha, I smell a fish, they're probably just spying on your computer use, what the hell happened to just asking people what they prefer ?
The cure to cancer is the right approach not random calculations. Cancer is caused by one or combination of multiple causes - chemical poisoning, bad nutrition, electro-magnetic force - remove the cause at the same time as healing and purifying the body. Each cure is unique to every individual.