seanma0314

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I purchased a cooler master hyper 212+ to put on my i5-750 and EVGA mobo when they come in. Is the cooler master paste that came with it any good or should I order some?

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
naa dont order any.. the paste that comes with it is fine.. there would be MYBE a 1 degree difference if any with a $20 thermal compound.. main thing is your airflow.. if you notice your cpu is to hot then i'd worry about eliminating what it could be.. air flow, wiring, heat sink set properly, too much paste, too little paste, different brand paste.. but dont let a small thing like that stop you from your build. :)

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009

mybe for the cheapest stuff you can find.. but coolermasters a good brand.. the fact that he's got an aftermarket heatsink is going to show when he looks at the temps..

blitzace

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
I was actually wondering the same thing. I'll be purchasing this same cooler soon and would like to know exactly which paste is included with the package.

I've done some searching online and there doesn't seem to be a straight answer, but some suggest that the ThermalFusion 400 is included which is one of the higher end pastes if I'm not mistaken.

Can anyone confirm this or if one is better off getting an aftermarket TIM (lol on top of the aftermarket heatsink) xD