Sign in with
Your question

MA790FXT-UD5P problems with boot up after shut down

Last response: in Motherboards
June 25, 2009 10:27:51 AM

I buyed new PC and having anoying problem with it. Every time i turning on pc after shut down it doesn't detect HDD it only detects a BD-ROM, And I get this error: AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI! DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. After this message I press CTRL+ALT+DEL, pc restarts and boots up perfectly detecting HDD. I also tried go to bios after turning on pc and manualy detect HDD, but it doesn't detect, detects only after restart. Phenom II x4 810, MA790FXT-UD5P, Corsair (2x2gb)x2=8gb ram ddr3 PC10600, Western Digital WD10EADS HDD 1TB SATAII 32MB, Gigabyte HD4870x2, Zalman 750W Power Supply (ZM750-HP), Pioneer BDC-202BK 2x Blu-Ray.
a c 138 V Motherboard
June 25, 2009 1:42:09 PM

Is there an option in the BIOS for HDD delay? It may need a second or two to spin up.
m
l
a c 138 V Motherboard
June 25, 2009 1:44:04 PM

If opening the case doesn't void your warranty, open it and check / reseat the drive cables, and make sure the CMOS Reset jumper is not in the RESET CMOS position.
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2009 8:17:20 PM

i don't think the jumper is set to reset cmos because the changes i make in bios does not go to defaults. It stays changed. And I didn't seen any settings for hdd delay in bios. Jesterday i updated bios from F3K to F5 version. Still got the same result. One guy posted in some forum that he had similar problem and changed new cable but it doesn't helped at all
m
l
June 27, 2009 8:22:30 AM

Well I found problem by myself. In this motherboard are 4 GSATAII connections and 6 SATAII connections. My HDD was conected to GSATAII so this was an a main problem. I just connected HDD to SATAII and PC boots up like a charm :ange: 
m
l
July 15, 2009 1:42:46 AM

stipa said:
i don't think the jumper is set to reset cmos because the changes i make in bios does not go to defaults. It stays changed. And I didn't seen any settings for hdd delay in bios. Jesterday i updated bios from F3K to F5 version. Still got the same result. One guy posted in some forum that he had similar problem and changed new cable but it doesn't helped at all

There ought to be a "hdd detecting delay" option in "advanced bios features" or "integrated peripherals", 'cause a cheaper 790xt-ud4p has one. Maybe you need to use "ctrl+F1" at the main screen of bios setup to make the option available. Like jtt said, a delay of some secs may help your case.

I have a constant "AMD data change" message on my UD4P too, but there is no problem with HDD.
m
l
!