Forgott bios password on HP d330m

_sWc_

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
Hello.

I have an HP d330m Micro tower computer where i have installed a new AGP grafix card, when i start the computer i get an error so i checked this up and i have to change some bios settings to remove the error message.
But i dont have the password anymore :(
I have tried removing the battery but no luck.
I have tried to flash bios but in the middle of the process it ask for the password, and then it quits.
I have also tried with some software, dont rememver the name of it but it did not work either :(
I have also been in contact with HP support, they could not help

Can someone help me here?

_sWc_

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
should be able to reset it back to normal state as in no password, uless HP have on purpose hardired it into BIOS check you papaer work for it to see or contact them like you said

MundoDragon

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
Most computers manufacturers have a master password hardcoded into the BIOS for this very problem. Years ago, in the early 90's, I had a problem with my password. Obviously I spelled it wrong, typo'd it, something, but the password wouldn't let me into the computer. I called them and they gave me a master password so I could access my computer (which, oddly enough, was MASTER :p) Or, you could simply reset the CMOS, as stated above.

happymark

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com/