Sign in with
Your question

ASUS -VS- INTEL

Last response: in Motherboards
June 25, 2009 12:54:11 PM

=====================================================================================

:)  THANKS FOR EVERYBODY'S BRILIANT SUPPORT AND ADVICES, TODAY AFTER JUST A FEW HOURS I WILL BE AT THE STORE, IT REALLY FEELS GREAT, JUST WAN'T TO SHOW U THE FINNAL SELECTION I HAVE MADE:

what i maiNly wana do with the hardware:
1)GAMING
2)GAMINNG
3)BEST POSSIBLE GAMMMING
4)BUJGET CONSTRAINT(low)!! dAmn!!!

initial choise:
->E7400
->P5QPL-AM
->Corsair 1GB Xtreme performance mem @800fsb
->320gb Seagat 16MB Cache SATAII
->ASUS VENTO TA85 Case with 400W PSU (280W really)
--=>then wait for HD4770 to hit the stores and update!.

final issues:

MOBO>> 1>>Finally what do u prefer for gaming guy ""(don't OC) (want really cool and reliable mobo)"". should i GO with Intel or ASUS??? (Intel DG43-NB is having PCI-Xpress 2.0 and G43 in comparision with ASUS P5QPL-AM PCI-X 1.1 and G41 ""WITH JUST A $12 more for Intel DG43-NB).

2>>Going for P5QPL-AM (http://ae.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=801&l4=0...)
from previous P5KPL-CM (http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=206...)
just because of the feature (VRM 5000hrs) Solid capacitor BECAUSE MY LOCATION IS REALLY HOT. DO YOU THINK IT'S """REALLY""" BETTER AND EFFECTIVE OR NOTHING (FOR THIS FEATURE ONLY I AM SPENDING 25$ MORE) and whether the G41 Graphics is better for initiall gaming then G31(GTA4).??

PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, JUST A FEW HOUR LEFT AND I AM REALLY WORRIED YET DESPERATE, THANKS A ZILLIONS"

More about : asus intel

June 25, 2009 2:27:59 PM

I would advise to stay away from ASUS mobo. Their P5 series mobo is well known to have memory competibility issues giving unstable system. You might experience nasty freezes like what i'm experiencing now.
a b V Motherboard
June 25, 2009 3:05:44 PM

Even though Im the first one to advocate asus, i would suggest gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L as its proven a solid budget mobo(if its available where you live).

Apart from that, I assume you will be running at least winXP. If thats the case 1gb ram will rather cripple your setup in more demanding games. So I suggest dropping that 1gb extreme in favour of 2gb of some value ram.
Related resources
June 26, 2009 7:43:24 PM

MaDMagik said:
Even though Im the first one to advocate asus, i would suggest gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L as its proven a solid budget mobo(if its available where you live).

Apart from that, I assume you will be running at least winXP. If thats the case 1gb ram will rather cripple your setup in more demanding games. So I suggest dropping that 1gb extreme in favour of 2gb of some value ram.

guys pls tell me about the PSU as posted above and about main topic ASUS VS INTEL MOBO? WHATS BETTER FOR FAST COOL, GAMING. WE DON'T HAVE GIGABYTE HERE AT ALL!.
a b V Motherboard
June 26, 2009 8:54:29 PM

Atilia said:
I would advise to stay away from ASUS mobo. Their P5 series mobo is well known to have memory competibility issues giving unstable system. You might experience nasty freezes like what i'm experiencing now.

You mean, compatibility with OCZ memory? Why is it when five motherboard manufacturers produce 20 different motherboard models that all have problems with OCZ, it's the motherboard manufacturer's fault? Can't you just tell people "don't buy these particular OCZ modules"? Or is that too much like right?
July 1, 2009 10:05:57 PM

ur right crashman cz he is insulting and letting the company loose some customers just for his faulty rams well this is wrong and not just here in many other forums hope guys u can discuss ur problems with a respect to the companies cz no FAULTY BOARD LEAVES OUT ASUS FACTORY. ASUS Rocks Intel for beginners :p :p .
July 16, 2009 7:31:45 PM

i am buying a new PC.and i have confusion about Intel or XFX motherbords. i m a mid range gamer, so can anyone tell me which motherboard do i buy
July 28, 2009 8:05:57 PM

dashinguy said:
i am buying a new PC.and i have confusion about Intel or XFX motherbords. i m a mid range gamer, so can anyone tell me which motherboard do i buy

take it from me... look... the real world is toooo.. different if u r comparing XFX and intel...... il say definatley go for INTEL as per there service and 3 years warranty... which does not counts initially but on the right time it doES.
i say this even if xfx ix better for gaming... which i don't think :D 
!