joan_trc

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
I have a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L motherboard and an Aerocool ExtremeEngine 3T case, using S.B. Audiology. I cannot get front panel jack to work. These are the pins coming from jacks: MIC Data, GND, MIC VCC (power), Ear R with an extended Ear R, and Ear L with an extended Ear L.
The manual shows HD front panel as MIC2-L, GND, MIC2-R, ACZ_Det, Line2-R, Faudio_JD, GND, Line2_L, Faudio_JD. For AC'97 front panel shows MIC, GND, MIC Power, Line Out R, Line Out L.
In the BIOS it shows ACZ, do I need to change it to AC'97? Is there something else I am not doing?

I am a female and this is my first build.....help. Thanks :eek: :hello:

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Try changing it to AC'97 to check it, could be a faulty front panel if nothing worse.

Also, have to say...

First build, relevant
Female, who cares?

jmcbride1983

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I had the same problem. try going into the sound control panel and find the Audio I/O setup/settings. In there you should find the option to "Disable front panel jack detection" or something like that. Thats how mine is set up in order to work. The only thing is that both front and rear outputs will have sound. You will have to manually turn down the computer speakers but it works great. Let me know if this helps.