Mass purchase of Win xp?

Hi, I was curious if anyone knew if it was possible to purchase 6 licenses for windows xp for a decent rate. I got hired to install windows on 6 computers and I don't want to pirate it and get in deep trouble. Does anyone know if there's an easy way to purchase cd keys that would allow me to install on these computers. And if there's a discount for purchasing 6 of them.
2 answers Last reply
More about mass purchase
  1. Martin 71 said:
    Hi, I was curious if anyone knew if it was possible to purchase 6 licenses for windows xp for a decent rate. I got hired to install windows on 6 computers and I don't want to pirate it and get in deep trouble. Does anyone know if there's an easy way to purchase cd keys that would allow me to install on these computers. And if there's a discount for purchasing 6 of them.

Call Microsoft, ask about a Site License.

2. Are these new computers? If not, could they maybe have an XP OEM key already on them? If they are new, does the vendor offer an XP downgrade option? Do the computers even have XP drivers?

Cheapest way to go is to get OEM licenses for the computers, assuming that they won't ever be transferred to other systems.

I don't think MS will do a site license for only 6 computers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Windows XP