1) Read the manual for the adapter and the router.
2) Address the router's user setup pages via your internet browser and the ethernet cable you are presently using.
3) Check that the router's wireless is enabled but that wireless security is off
4) Give the router a unique network name.
5) Save router settings and log out of it
6) Run your adapters (or Windows) scan for networks and spot your router's network name.
7) Remove ethernet cable and connect to internet via wirelesss
8) Set up wireless security in router and adapter (see manuals).