cthulhu1986

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hi, This morning when i turned my computer on there was an error message before boot saying that i had a fan or voltage issue.
When i went into my bios i found my volts to be:
+3.3v = 4.08v
+5v = 6.85v
+12 = 16.32v
I then told my bios to ignore these volts so that i could boot my computer.
Now speed fan tells me that i have the same volts and so does pcprobe II, apparently my vcore has also shot up to 4.08v.

Knowing these values not to be true, i got out a voltmeter and tested a 4-pin molex, as read somewhere on this forum.
The values i got (for the 12v and 5v as i didnt test the 3.3v) were as should be expected 5.04v and 12.1v.
I have tried restoring bios defaults but still get the same readings.

The only problem i seem to be getting is occational slow downs and high cpu usage at times during video playback. But this maybe normal and i'm just noticing it cause of the volt problem.

I would put this down to my computer acting up, only last night there were around 6 power cuts, however i didnt hear a storm and therefore didn't unplug my computer.

Were these power cuts just coincidence and the volts are just messed up readings.
Or is there an actual problem with my computer, maybe the motherboard?

Thanks in advance

p.s my spec is:
Asus P5N-E SLI
Intel Core 2 duo E6750 @ 3.2ghz
4GB GSkill NQ Ram
Be quiet! Straight Power 550W PSU
ATI Radeon HD 4850
Windows vista 64bit

If anyone needs more info, just ask.

cthulhu1986

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Nah, flashing the bios didn't work.
Also i forgot to mention that pcprobe also detects my cpu and motherboard temps at 128c and speed fan detects my 2 cores normally, but the "processor" at -99c.
Which leads me to believe that it isn't my psu, i dont mind buying another one, but only if i know that's where the actual problem is coming from.

cthulhu1986

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Erm, i know that everest should give me my voltages, but they aren't there, i've even looked in all the tabs incase i'd forgotten where to look, and in sensor the only voltage values i get are cpu core = 1.35v and VBAT battery = 3.12v.
Any ideas why they aren't showing in everest?

jmcbride1983

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
What version of Everest are you using? If you have MSN, PM me @ jmcbride1983@hotmail.com Also, Open Everest and go to "Computer" then "Sensor". Then click on "Report" at the top and click "Quick Report-Sensor" and "Plain Text" Copy and Paste that on here. i need the first 2 catatagories (Everest Ultimate and Sensor).

cthulhu1986

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
FIXED IT! thanks for all the help jmc, i just did a cmos reset with the jumper and all works again, can't believe i forgot to do that after flashing the bios.
Thanks again !!

TRENDING THREADS