Can I make this work? Asus P6T Deluxe V2 - vga/TVCard/X-Fi

str33tb

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Hi there ppl. Some time ago I posted a thread asking for advice regarding a new rig. I chose all the parts but this time I need some opinions about the MoBo. Besides the gfx card I also need space to use 2 other devices, TV Card and X-Fi. The problem is that most motherboards don't allow to have all 3 working at the same time, either the slots are simply not there or they're occupied by the dual slot BFG GTX 275. There are some nice options out there that have room for everything like the Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and I would like to know if the 2nd x16 will work at x16 for real. Sorry for noobness!

lasmp6tdeluxev2.jpg

str33tb

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
So much for the
Tom's Hardware: Over 1.4 million members in 6 different countries available to answer all your high-tech questions. Sign up now! Its free!

Asus manual refers to the use of the first PCIe slot (blue one) for max performance in single card mode. Thank you to all, admin, please delete thread. Thank you.

str33tb

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
I just found that I can make it work, it will work either on default setting on a small change in bios to make it roll at x16x16x1. Admin, please delete this thread, thank you.