Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Change fsb on my laptop?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
August 1, 2010 7:29:43 AM

Hi guys,
Ive got this hp dv4-1140go laptop i use in class sometimes for note, i also use it to download stuff overnight/all day. The problem with it is that it will overheat unless i can get it on some kind of cooling pad, but thats not always available to me. Is there any software that will let me underclock the core 2 dou (2.0 ghz) down? I really dont need all that power...as long as it can keep the computer on and downloading something or running word.

Right now the cpu is averaging 10% usage while download. Cpu-z records 2ghz so no speedstepping. Temp for this usage is around 75*C which is horrible =( once it hits 60% cpu or so itll only last a couple mins before its turned off to prevent overheating

More about : change fsb laptop

Best solution

August 1, 2010 8:45:03 AM

I would suggest opening her up and cleaning out the dust... while you're in there, you could re-apply the thermal interface between the CPU and heatsink....
a b à CPUs
August 1, 2010 10:19:28 PM

Just finished with that. Good think hp has a complete guide for taking it apart...although i now i have 3 screws that didnt make it back it...but it turns on ok? Ill test it tonight at work and see how it works out.
m
l
Related resources
August 2, 2010 10:43:21 AM

One of the earths greatest mysteries

Why the hell are there ALWAYS leftover screws?
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 2, 2010 12:24:14 PM

It is a mystery, happens with everything. But cleaning it out really helped. Im down to 50ish to 55 which is a lot better. I removed this massive clump of dust/crap/who knows what, that was blocking the air vent inside the laptop.
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 2, 2010 12:25:11 PM

Best answer selected by bavman.
m
l
April 4, 2011 6:46:56 AM

Either overclock your FSB or the RAM ^_^
m
l
!