/ Sign-up
Your question

Need a low profile cooler / heatsink for overcloaking

  • Heatsinks
  • Overclocking
  • Cooling
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
August 1, 2010 9:22:00 PM

I am planning to overclock my Intel Core i3 530 to 4.0 Ghz and from my understanding, the stock cooler/heatsink that came with the processor won't cut it.

So I am looking for a cooler/heatsink that can get the job done. However, the cooler/heatsink cannot exceed 70mm tall. Does anyone have any recommendation? My money is tight so cheaper the better, thanks.

More about : low profile cooler heatsink overcloaking

August 1, 2010 11:13:32 PM

davcon said:
Yeah your best bet will be a Scythe unit.
Note the Big Shuriken will fit 1156 Newegg fails to mention it.

Scythe Big Shuriken seems to be the best available, however, I am a bit worried since I read user feedbacks from somewhere that it might block you from installing RAM because it sits so low on the motherboard.

Also, Cooler Master GeminII S RR-CCH-PBU1-GP seems to be the de facto CPU cooler for HTPCs. I am a little hesitant in buying this one because I am not sure if it will fit inside my SilverStone GD05B case. If anyone has experience with this case/cooler combo, please let me know. Thank you very much.
August 1, 2010 11:14:36 PM

Is that being used to keep the Klingon's guessing where you're at?