No standoffs?

Right, so I just got the case for a build i'm working on (my first build, excuse my noobness). Anyway, I noticed that in the bag of screws there is only 1 standoff in the whole bag, but in the case there are little bumps where you screw in the mobo. Now, i'm pretty sure that those raised screw holes are to be used instead of standoffs, but to be sure I thought I would ask. Thanks for the help.
8 answers Last reply
More about standoffs
  1. depends how big they are. what case is it?
  2. Lay your motherboard inside the case. If those bumps match up with the motherboard holes, that's what they are for.
  3. Sounds wrong to to me. Little bumps? Better do a test fit before you start hooking
    up power to anything. I would venture to say that you either are not looking at the correct piece meant to be used as a standoff, or they simply missed putting them in the package, what case did you buy?
  4. This is the case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133066

If you look at the pictures you'll see the weird screw holes.
  5. I looked at the picture. Those bumps are to be used in place of the stand offs.
  6. Agreed. Its a TT case, so its not like you have a piece of junk. And due to the bumps, if you put standoffs in there it won't match up anymore. You'll be fine, just install the motherboard like you normally would.
  7. Ok, thanks for the help everyone. I was always thinking that but i'd rather be safe than sorry. Cant afford to be frying mobos.
  8. And then you hate yourself because if you had stopped to ask...

No worries, that's what forums are for.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Build Components Product