Corsair H50 cooling kit or DangerDen

I was recently looking at liquid cooling kits and saw that the corsair H50 is now 60 bucks at best buy. But then I started looking into more custom set ups and a completely custom setup from Danger Den with colored tubing, Leds and everything will run me about 200 bucks.

I have an SLI setup so I suppose being able to mod the cooling setup later on to facilitate liquid cooled GPUs would be nice but it costs like 150 a block.

In your opinion would it be worth it to go with the custom set up or just to buy the corsair one and be done with it?
6 answers Last reply
More about corsair cooling dangerden
  1. The H50 is not great for an i7 unless you upgrade the fans and even then only as good as some of the best air coolers but it is a bargain. If you think it will be enough for you, you can get a separate system for the GPUs later.
  2. There are many options, not just DangerDen out there. The GPU blocks you found would work well, but won't be able to be fitted on any other (newer) cards, so they are an one-time investment. This is why I've used Swiftech MCW60 waterblocks for my GPU's; I have had them on 5 different cards, only needing to purchase 2 $10 adapter plates over the course of 4 years or so. Check out the stickies at the top of the forum for some good info and look into the following links:

http://www.skinneelabs.com
    http://petrastechshop.com
    http://frozencpu.com
  3. well I'm just worried because the current CPU cooler I have which is this massive behemoth Glacial tech F101, might be putting too much pressure on the motherboard

I've been looking on frozen CPU too, and for a whole kit without the GPU coolers, will run me about 200 bucks, which is the same as getting a custom kit at danger den. will this increase the longevity of the parts in my system? The think I'm worried about most now is the temps of my GPUs because they're right on top of each other and it doesn't look great temperature wise.
  4. What temps are you seeing on your cards under load? Remember, GPUs are typically 'good' for temps up to 100C or even higher, however, I'd hate to see anything that hot in my case. Typical for a GPU at load on stock cooling is between 60-75C, depending on card and how 'loaded' it actually is. Try something like CoreTemp and let it log your CPU/GPU temps while you run some good benchmarks and see what the temps are.

Next, if you think your components are running hot, try this:

Take the side panel off your case and blow a house fan on high into the side of your system. Re-run your benchmarks. If the temps go down, you have an airflow issue in your case. If the temps stay the same, you have a component overheating issue (potetnially...depending on the temps).

Please post your CPU and GPU load temps, i'm curious to know what you are looking at, for starters.
  5. well I have an HAF 932 so I get a ton of air in there, and my temps have never exceeded 70 at 40% fan speed. I generally run Crysis for about an hour and get an average.

I'd post my temps but I'm actually half way around the world from my PC so that's impossible.

but from recent memory I'm generally around 40-45C on the CPU and 50-68 on the GPU when running an intensive program like crysis.

Also, another thing I neglected to mention is that my case makes quite a bit of noise when It's on and I want to take off the 4 fans on the side door and replace that with an acrylic window but I'm worried that I'll make it too hot. So I guess what my intent would be for making a water cooled system is to make something that looks cool, runs cool, doesn't put physical stress on the mobo, and is qiuet
  6. You will still need the fans, and in fact, even more once you add in the radiators. What people don't realize is that yes, you are removing the stock heat sinks from your GPUs/CPU, but you still need to move the heat generated by the actual boards themselves...this is what those fans also do. Remove them, its like not having wind in the desert.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Water Cooling Corsair Overclocking