Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to fix a 16gb cruzer

Last response: in Storage
August 5, 2010 10:00:08 AM

Hello, my cruiser does not work anymore it is brand new, all i done was, put in some files from my computer, took it out and put it back in it's box, went to add somemore files a week later and it just would not open at all, it ask's to be formatted every time but that won't work either, and then a message comes on that say's, read-only files, can you perhaps tell me what's wrong, it is also under warranty but i can't find the receipt, Thank you Geoffrey

More about : fix 16gb cruzer

a b G Storage
August 5, 2010 10:20:56 AM

Before you removed the drive, do you close it properly by clicking on the the little USB icon down in the lower right beside the clock?

And if you cannot find the receipt, you are probably out of luck.

Best solution

a b G Storage
August 5, 2010 12:47:50 PM

Are you sure that your drive is genuine? there are a lot of fake drives about that will give these symptoms once used above their true capacity. You can try and go to disk management and try repartitioning the drive and if successful do a full test.
Check out these web pages for more information about fake drives.

http://www.everythingusb.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&t...
Related resources
August 12, 2010 9:01:02 AM

jsc said:
Before you removed the drive, do you close it properly by clicking on the the little USB icon down in the lower right beside the clock?

And if you cannot find the receipt, you are probably out of luck.

Thank you for your reply, I am always very careful when disconnecting anything from my computer, i make suer it is properly closed before unplugging it, even though it asks to be formatted, this won't work either, it just sits there and then after about five minutes it says : drive is locked, but there is no moveable parts on the drive, to unlock it, Thank you anyway
Geoffrey
August 19, 2010 9:55:10 PM

Unfortunately my answer won't help you, but just to second what pjmelect said;
I have a Corsair Flash Voyager, which has the same problem as your Cruiser.
It is the 64gb version, which I bought from Amazon. It was a great price, from one of their online sellers.
As soon as I got it something didn't seem right, there was no included lanyard and no accessing LED while it was in use. When I tried to format to NTSF it could not complete the format.
I am luckier than you Geoffrey, because I got a full refund from Amazon, but everyone should just be aware of some of the crap that is around and be careful who you buy from.
In my case the price was too good to be true but like a pillock I went for it anyway!
Don't make my mistake.
!