recovery certificate

i have had many problems recently which resulted in me
having to re-install xp-pro, in doing so i have lost my
recovery certificate and cannot acess some of my
encrypted files,
how do i get it back or another one?
thanks.
Ben
2 answers Last reply
More about recovery certificate

    If you have lost the encryption certificates, there is nothing within XP
    that can resolve the situation. There may be professional services that can
    do it. You might try a Google search for file recovery, www.google.com or
    check the back pages of PC related magazines as many have ads for such
    services.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Ben" <Mr_Skies@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >i have had many problems recently which resulted in me
    > having to re-install xp-pro, in doing so i have lost my
    > recovery certificate and cannot acess some of my
    > encrypted files,
    > how do i get it back or another one?
    > thanks.
    > Ben

    Ben;
    If you do not have the certificates or keys and you can not restore
    the original profile the data may be as good as gone.
    It is to late to recreate.
    See this link for possibilities:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/encrypt.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Ben" <Mr_Skies@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > i have had many problems recently which resulted in me
    > having to re-install xp-pro, in doing so i have lost my
    > recovery certificate and cannot acess some of my
    > encrypted files,
    > how do i get it back or another one?
    > thanks.
    > Ben

Configuration Data Recovery Microsoft Certificate Windows XP