Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

i have had many problems recently which resulted in me
having to re-install xp-pro, in doing so i have lost my
recovery certificate and cannot acess some of my
encrypted files,
how do i get it back or another one?
thanks.
Ben

If you have lost the encryption certificates, there is nothing within XP
that can resolve the situation. There may be professional services that can
do it. You might try a Google search for file recovery, www.google.com or
check the back pages of PC related magazines as many have ads for such
services.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Ben" <Mr_Skies@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
>i have had many problems recently which resulted in me
> having to re-install xp-pro, in doing so i have lost my
> recovery certificate and cannot acess some of my
> encrypted files,
> how do i get it back or another one?
> thanks.
> Ben

Ben;
If you do not have the certificates or keys and you can not restore
the original profile the data may be as good as gone.
It is to late to recreate.
See this link for possibilities:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/encrypt.htm

--