New computer problems......

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
I've posted couple of times about my computer freezing randomly.People suggested that it's the RAM's problem (voltage). I have the Cosair dominater 2 x 2gb with 2.1v which i changed to from auto to 2.1v, after my computer ran fine for a day or so then my computer freezes again. Also, i have random restarts after and before i changed the rams voltage.
My specs are
CPU: Q6700
MB: ASUS P5Q
PSU: Cosair 650w
GC: 9800GTX+
RAM: 2 x 2gb Cosair dominater 5-5-5-15 1066mhz
HD: seagate 500gb 7200.11

My computer's temp
CPU: 13C
GC: 38C
MB:29C

My computer of course is not over heating... but i dont know any reason my computer would freeze on me or restart =/
Rest of all the setting i run it at auto, and i ran memtest86 came out with 0 errors o.0.....so im puzzled

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
ok ill try get some screen shots.....
the computer freezes separately from the restarts , but i never tried only 1 stick of ram o.0 (what diff does the make with 1 or 2 stick rams?)

CPU - 13 C??? Unless you have a TEC or something really exotic, you have a problem with your temperature monitoring software.

aikigi

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
mentest is good but not perfect. I had the same memory and pretty much same problem...
test with one stick in different slot, if it continue, buy another ram just to test, you can always bring it back if it doesn't work with...
My 2 stick was bad!!! (and the first memory I bought after too!!!)
Don't forget to unplug you PSU befors changing ram...

The Seagate 7200.11 drives have known issues. It could possibly be the HD.

I'd still lean towards the RAM, though. I agree with trying one stick of RAM for a while. If the system is stable with that one stick of RAM, try the other one by itself.

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
ok ill see wut happens with 1 stick of ram, well i think my hd didnt seem die on me yet o.0 but there was a weird word saying hard drive not detected, but if i look into bios it's there and i can run the computer normaly until it freezes-.-

TRENDING THREADS