Restoring a RAID in a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

hinga

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Hey Guys

Last night I updated my BIOS cause I'm going to buy a new DO stepping CPU and the current BIOS I had didn't support them. The update went to plan and the PC boots fine.

The issue I'm having is: I had a RAID0 set up for my windows / game etc, after I updated the BIOS the RAID failed because the system now doesn't reconise that the second member disk. I know the disk isn't corrupt as I was gaming for a couple of hours piror to the update. Does anyone know a way that I can restore / tell the stupid intel raid controller that the other disk is the member disk of the raid? I doubt this can be done but its worth a try as I really don't want to re-install almost a 1TB of games etc. Below is the screen I'm getting when I try and boot (Sorry its not great, but my laptop doesn't have the software for my SLR)

The top disk is meant to be the other member disk of the RAID set up.

Thanks heaps guys

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz - Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme RT - Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
2 x MSI 285GTX OC in SLI - G Skill 6G(3x2G) DDR3 1600Mhz - Antec 1200
Corsair HX-1000 - Creative X-FI Titanium Fatality Pro - Logitech G15 / G5

G

It's a stripe RAID thats lost the drive IDs; in short, don't plan to remake the RAID, plan to recover any data.

The associations been lost, and you wont get it back - not on that controller.

You can recover the data however, I've personally used Recover My Files to recover off a failed RAID before.

hinga

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Thank you so much Skyfox, that's exactly what I was thinking but was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall windows agian.

Thanks again mate :D