Sign in with
Your question

Amd vs Intel cpu quad core

Last response: in CPUs
April 28, 2009 3:26:25 PM

need to know which is better for a workstation graphics pc, amd phenom2 920 or intel quad q9550, am thinking also of amd firepro v5700? as the workstation graphics, please help
April 29, 2009 12:30:01 PM

Unfortunately I live in South Africa, prices for the amd 920 and 940 are actually quite different here, amd is however fairly cheaper than intel, I need to know the best option, especially as I plan to go with an ati workstation graphics card, even if it's not the v5700 (something better) so I need to know off compatibility issues if any, or if the amd cpu will work better with an amd graphics card, but also which cpu is the best for workstation graphics. :p 
April 30, 2009 2:25:41 PM

workstation graphics cost a hell of a lot even for the midrange, as such I need to get educated further on the subject, mainly what I am asking is which cpu works better in 3D rendering, I am going for an amd firegl card, as apart from the high end ones nvidia workstation cards cost twice as much for the same performance. I want to know about the affinity between amd graphics/cpu and intel graphics/cpu, its pros and limitations. If you can tell me thank you very much for your time and effort. :D 
April 30, 2009 3:34:56 PM

well the Q9550 offers a better experience in pretty much everything except gaming against the phenom's.
!