Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
this one.
Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
are not very excited about it?
Sage

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't
> know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not
> pre-ordering this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
> others are not very excited about it?
> Sage

I agree with the majority. I'm not excited about the university part but
the
new objects and such. I didn't preorder it. I didn't preorder Sims 2
either, walked into Walmart the
day it came out and bought it. LOL No long lines either. I suppose I am
looking a little forward to it. I bought all 7 EP's for The Sims so
guess I
will for Sims 2. Yikes, I need a new computer too.

....B

Sage wrote:
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I
> feel about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still
> don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not
> pre-ordering this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
> others are not very excited about it?
> Sage

Since teens are (IMO) the most boring of the age groups, and this EP seems
to prolong teen-like behavior, I don't think I want it. If I bought it at
all, it would be solely for the new objects and since the new mesh tool has
been developed, the users will be creating new objects for download anyway.
I think the promos I've seen mentioned something about coffee shops, which
I'd like to see. The community lots are so boring now with no restaurants
or anything on them.

Jeanie

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
> this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
> others are not very excited about it?
> Sage
I have it on order (no such thing as pre-order - huh) but not so much for
the pranking students as the extras. I dare say i will pitch into university
life though.
I can't say I am agog with anticipation.

Granny.

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> schreef in bericht
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
about
> it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
> this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
others
> are not very excited about it?
> Sage

Hello
i didnt preorder as thats not neccesary here
I will buy it ,but not for the univerisity,Mainly i buy it for the new items
and animations
and it seems to have a better engine ,so gameplay might improve
Infact i only build ,and are looking for mainly adult content
;-)

"Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl> wrote in message

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> schreef in bericht
>> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
> about
>> it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
>> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
>> this one.
>> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
> others
>> are not very excited about it?
>> Sage
>>

> Hello
> i didnt preorder as thats not neccesary here
> I will buy it ,but not for the univerisity,Mainly i buy it for the new
> items
> and animations
> and it seems to have a better engine ,so gameplay might improve
> Infact i only build ,and are looking for mainly adult content
> ;-)

I Have preordered from Amazon just as I got it with free delivery and £5
off.
Tracym

Count me in with the mirauding bands. I'm not excited about extended
teendom either, but the new objects and animations will be nice, so I'll
get it. Some of the "paranormal" stuff being extended into University
is just a bit too much, in my opinion. It's gotten beyond silly and is
now ridiculous.

--
--Cuth

You can also cound me among the underwhelmed for university.

Looking forward to the new stuff- not looking forward to the awakerd new
lifestage.

And no continuing education students involved.

-georg

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

Hmmm... looks like a lot of us are at least, underwhelmed.
Looking at the screen shots I don't see all that Much that's new.They're
showing little in the way of furniture or other objects, there's the guitar
and a drum set (I can just imagine the sound!). On IGN they show a "new"
skin that's a fat, tattooed Ugly guy... the loser I guess, seems to play,
talk and pick his nose...
BUT.... I guess we'll all end up getting it because some of the new stuff
that's made won't work without it. A marketing ploy? Guess like someone else
said I'll end up getting at Wal-Mart too, but if it mess up my hacks,
objects and other stuff I'm going to be one Angry Simmer!!! At least it's
less than 50 bucks.
Sage

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
> this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
> others are not very excited about it?
> Sage

Mary

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
> this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
> others are not very excited about it?
> Sage
Well, I ordered it from Amazon or EA (I forgot which, LOL). I'm hoping that
some of the new stuff can also be placed in the regular houses or that they
also made stuff for the regular houses. In Sims 1 I made really neat music
rooms so the new music stuff will be good. I remember I wasn't at all
thrilled up about Makin' Magic in Sims 1 but ended up liking it so who
knows.

> Sage wrote:
>> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I
>> feel about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still
>> don't know.
>> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not
>> pre-ordering this one.
>> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
>> others are not very excited about it?
>> Sage
>
> Since teens are (IMO) the most boring of the age groups, and this EP seems
> to prolong teen-like behavior, I don't think I want it.

Just curious. Why do you find infants, toddlers, children and elders more
interesting to play than teenagers? What part of that gameplay is more
engaging or fun than the gameplay that comes from having teenagers?

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
> this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
> others are not very excited about it?
> Sage

Well the replies all seem much of a muchness. If, as it has been suggested,
this pack is aimed at US teenagers, why have we no replies telling us they
are slobbering with anticipation?

Perhaps they are too busy playingthe game to join the group 8(

Granny.

Sage wrote:
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
> it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
> this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
> are not very excited about it?
> Sage

I *am* actually really looking forward to it - i just started back at
university this semester, and find it kind of funny (funny weird, not
funny ha ha) - i also have a whole raft of legacy sims whose
grandparents went to public school, parents (who had a bit more money)
went to private school, you get the idea.

That being said, the thing that keeps me buying the expansion packs
(which i rarely do for any other game with the exception of blizzards'),
are the new objects and the fact that ea does actually use the time
creating an EP to modify gameplay, and not *simply* add new items.

(i found it astounding that people really expected there to be
restaraunts, etc, in the original game - with the sims 1, we didn't get
them until the FOURTH expansion pack - iirc, over a year after the
original game was released) - if i worked at maxis, i would be looking
long and hard about what "worked" in the original set of EP's, and
implementing as many of those ideas as soon as they can, but also trying
not to make the *exact same* expansion packs for this game as well.
(think "unleashed: sims 2 edition")

i am curious, however, as to how many people have a "well, i'll try it
at a friend's house before i run out and get it myself" experience
planned for this expansion pack.

Am Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:21:31 GMT schrieb Sage:

> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
> it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
> this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
> are not very excited about it?
> Sage

I think I'll buy it eventually after a few years when it's cheaper...
thing is that Sims1 was a nice game but lacked some flavour. Sims2 is a lot
more developed and with the hacks and stuff available online I don't really
need the expansion pack at the moment. at modthesims2.com they're even
developing new careers!
So unless I find everyone chanting about it after it's out I won't buy it
yet.

Dorte

Sage wrote:

>Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
>it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
>I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
>this one.
>Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
>are not very excited about it?
>Sage

I want it because of the (presumably) improved game engine, *anything*
that makes Sims2 run smoother has got to be worth having, also the new
objects and animations, but to answer your question I'm not into
teenagers and University stuff myself, so I'm not holding my breath,(at
my age I need every bit I can get).

---Sandra

You can put all the new objects in the regular neighbourhood. I'm quite
looking forward to it but then I'm still at university. OTOH, I'm a
post-grad student so not much of the gameplay will relate directly to my
current experience. Come to think of it, I probably won't enjoy reliving
undergraduate days through my sims. Hmmm....

Best wishes
Maxon

Charles Whitney wrote:
> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Sage wrote:
>>> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I
>>> feel about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still
>>> don't know.
>>> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not
>>> pre-ordering this one.
>>> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
>>> others are not very excited about it?
>>> Sage
>>
>> Since teens are (IMO) the most boring of the age groups, and this EP
>> seems to prolong teen-like behavior, I don't think I want it.
>
> Just curious. Why do you find infants, toddlers, children and elders
> more interesting to play than teenagers? What part of that gameplay
> is more engaging or fun than the gameplay that comes from having
> teenagers?

I guess it boils down to homework. It takes nearly all evening to get a
teen to finish the homework because you have to keep their fun and other
needs above half in order to get them to even attempt it. It leaves no time
for them to develop skill points or have a social life. And if the teen's
grades fall too far, the social worker comes and takes away all the younger
kids and leaves the teen! It's pretty futile unless you make all your teens
have the knowledge aspiration, IMO.

BTW, I'm not crazy about elders, either. They get tired too fast and most
of them walk around thinking about woohoo all the time. After you've played
the pregnancy/birth thing a few times, it gets old, too, but it's a
necessary evil if you want to keep your neighborhoods populated over time.

Jeanie

> Charles Whitney wrote:
>> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Since teens are (IMO) the most boring of the age groups, and this EP
>>> seems to prolong teen-like behavior, I don't think I want it.
>>
>> Just curious. Why do you find infants, toddlers, children and elders
>> more interesting to play than teenagers? What part of that gameplay
>> is more engaging or fun than the gameplay that comes from having
>> teenagers?

> I guess it boils down to homework. It takes nearly all evening to get a
> teen to finish the homework because you have to keep their fun and other
> needs above half in order to get them to even attempt it. It leaves no
> time
> for them to develop skill points or have a social life.

May be an obvious question....

Did you have an adult help the teens with their homework at some point in
their lives long enough for the stack of books icon to show up? Prior to
doing that, I agree, homework for teens is a real pain in the ass. But
after I did that they could do it in a timely fashion (under two hours) and
it wasn't as draining on their fun levels, nor was it particularly difficult
to get their fun levels back up to snuff. You can even restore high fun
levels on teens by having them play the piano, paint, play chess, stargaze
or use a career reward, allowing you to double its usefulness by having the
teen build skills while having fun.

I've never had trouble with teens and homework, in fact, I'm sometimes
grateful for it because it gives me some time away from trying to figure out
what to do with them (which is sometimes a problem for sims of any age
group).

I'm not hugely excited, and I probably shouldn't get it straight away
as it comes out right around the time that my uni actually starts up
again (and I really don't need to get into another addiction).

*takes a breath*

But stupid me will probably get it anyway because I am.... intrigued.
So long as it's not as dull as Superstar. :)

~*~
vecki

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I wonder...will the university pack come with a bar that'll actually
get adult sims drunk?

I really miss turning my sims into alcoholics with the punch bowl from
Sims 1.

Call me cruel, but i found it funny when sims would get up in the
morning (usually after sleeping on the floor all night) -- not to
shower and go to work, but to head right back to the punch bowl and
get liquored up again ;-)

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
> this one.
> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
> others are not very excited about it?

I'm looking forward to it, but I must admit I'm a pretty easy sell.

I do find myself reminded of Superstar when I read about the University
expansion, and I remember that that was probably the most "hit or miss"
expansion pack from the first game around here, meaning that people
generally had a strong opinion of it, like or dislike.

I enjoyed Superstar though, but did feel immediately after I got it that it
didn't have the same shelf life of the other packs, simply because its
gameplay was something that you couldn't really turn on and off whenever you
felt like it, and I see a lot of similarities here. If the University
experience becomes laborious too soon, I'll consider this one a disaster.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
>> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't
>> know.
>> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
>> this one.
>> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
>> others are not very excited about it?
>> Sage
>>

> Well the replies all seem much of a muchness. If, as it has been
> suggested, this pack is aimed at US teenagers, why have we no replies
> telling us they are slobbering with anticipation?
>
> Perhaps they are too busy playingthe game to join the group 8(

Perhaps they're too tired to want to Play University after they get home
from their School of what ever?
Sage

> Granny.

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
> Am Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:21:31 GMT schrieb Sage:
>
>> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
>> about
>> it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
>> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
>> this one.
>> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
>> others
>> are not very excited about it?
>> Sage
>
> I think I'll buy it eventually after a few years when it's cheaper...
> thing is that Sims1 was a nice game but lacked some flavour. Sims2 is a
> lot
> more developed and with the hacks and stuff available online I don't
> really
> need the expansion pack at the moment. at modthesims2.com they're even
> developing new careers!
> So unless I find everyone chanting about it after it's out I won't buy it
> yet.
>
> Dorte

I feel the same, I don't feel a need for an expansion yet. I'm still
discovering new and interesting things in Sims2... I guess I'm not ready for
another neighborhood of students. Now if it had the young adults PLUS middle
age... I'd grab it as soon as possible.
Sage

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Sage wrote:
>
>>Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
>>about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
>>I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
>>this one.
>>Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
>>others are not very excited about it?
>>Sage
>>

> I want it because of the (presumably) improved game engine, *anything*
> that makes Sims2 run smoother has got to be worth having, also the new
> objects and animations, but to answer your question I'm not into teenagers
> and University stuff myself, so I'm not holding my breath,(at my age I
> need every bit I can get).
>
> ---Sandra

AGE! *age* that may be the magic word. Maybe after getting my daughter
through university, I've had it. I feel like I've 'been there, done that'
and don't want to go back!
Sage

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"Lerren" <anaximander@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sage wrote:
>> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
>> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't
>> know.
>> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
>> this one.
>> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
>> others are not very excited about it?
>> Sage
>
> I *am* actually really looking forward to it - i just started back at
> university this semester, and find it kind of funny (funny weird, not
> funny ha ha) - i also have a whole raft of legacy sims whose grandparents
> went to public school, parents (who had a bit more money) went to private
> school, you get the idea.
>
> That being said, the thing that keeps me buying the expansion packs (which
> i rarely do for any other game with the exception of blizzards'), are the
> new objects and the fact that ea does actually use the time creating an EP
> to modify gameplay, and not *simply* add new items.
>
> (i found it astounding that people really expected there to be
> restaraunts, etc, in the original game - with the sims 1, we didn't get
> them until the FOURTH expansion pack - iirc, over a year after the
> original game was released) - if i worked at maxis, i would be looking
> long and hard about what "worked" in the original set of EP's, and
> implementing as many of those ideas as soon as they can, but also trying
> not to make the *exact same* expansion packs for this game as well. (think
> "unleashed: sims 2 edition")
>
> i am curious, however, as to how many people have a "well, i'll try it at
> a friend's house before i run out and get it myself" experience planned
> for this expansion pack.

I don't have any friends who are getting it for me to try or I Would! Only
one of my friends play the Sims and isn't getting it, so it's me or no one.
I wonder if it would be good for young people who are just 'thinking' of
going on to higher education? If it's realistic enough, it could be good for
them...
Sage