[2] University?

Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
this one.
Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
are not very excited about it?
Sage
43 answers Last reply
More about university

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    > about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't
    > know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not
    > pre-ordering this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    > others are not very excited about it?
    > Sage

    I agree with the majority. I'm not excited about the university part but
    the
    new objects and such. I didn't preorder it. I didn't preorder Sims 2
    either, walked into Walmart the
    day it came out and bought it. LOL No long lines either. I suppose I am
    looking a little forward to it. I bought all 7 EP's for The Sims so
    guess I
    will for Sims 2. Yikes, I need a new computer too.

    ....B

    Sage wrote:
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I
    > feel about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still
    > don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not
    > pre-ordering this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    > others are not very excited about it?
    > Sage

    Since teens are (IMO) the most boring of the age groups, and this EP seems
    to prolong teen-like behavior, I don't think I want it. If I bought it at
    all, it would be solely for the new objects and since the new mesh tool has
    been developed, the users will be creating new objects for download anyway.
    I think the promos I've seen mentioned something about coffee shops, which
    I'd like to see. The community lots are so boring now with no restaurants
    or anything on them.

    Jeanie

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    > about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    > others are not very excited about it?
    > Sage
    I have it on order (no such thing as pre-order - huh) but not so much for
    the pranking students as the extras. I dare say i will pitch into university
    life though.
    I can't say I am agog with anticipation.

    Granny.

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> schreef in bericht
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    about
    > it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    others
    > are not very excited about it?
    > Sage

    Hello
    i didnt preorder as thats not neccesary here
    I will buy it ,but not for the univerisity,Mainly i buy it for the new items
    and animations
    and it seems to have a better engine ,so gameplay might improve
    Infact i only build ,and are looking for mainly adult content
    ;-)

    "Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl> wrote in message

    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> schreef in bericht
    >> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    > about
    >> it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    >> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    >> this one.
    >> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    > others
    >> are not very excited about it?
    >> Sage
    >>

    > Hello
    > i didnt preorder as thats not neccesary here
    > I will buy it ,but not for the univerisity,Mainly i buy it for the new
    > items
    > and animations
    > and it seems to have a better engine ,so gameplay might improve
    > Infact i only build ,and are looking for mainly adult content
    > ;-)

    I Have preordered from Amazon just as I got it with free delivery and £5
    off.
    Tracym

    Count me in with the mirauding bands. I'm not excited about extended
    teendom either, but the new objects and animations will be nice, so I'll
    get it. Some of the "paranormal" stuff being extended into University
    is just a bit too much, in my opinion. It's gotten beyond silly and is
    now ridiculous.

    --
    --Cuth

    You can also cound me among the underwhelmed for university.

    Looking forward to the new stuff- not looking forward to the awakerd new
    lifestage.

    And no continuing education students involved.

    -georg

    Hmmm... looks like a lot of us are at least, underwhelmed.
    Looking at the screen shots I don't see all that Much that's new.They're
    showing little in the way of furniture or other objects, there's the guitar
    and a drum set (I can just imagine the sound!). On IGN they show a "new"
    skin that's a fat, tattooed Ugly guy... the loser I guess, seems to play,
    talk and pick his nose...
    BUT.... I guess we'll all end up getting it because some of the new stuff
    that's made won't work without it. A marketing ploy? Guess like someone else
    said I'll end up getting at Wal-Mart too, but if it mess up my hacks,
    objects and other stuff I'm going to be one Angry Simmer!!! At least it's
    less than 50 bucks.
    Sage

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    > about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    > others are not very excited about it?
    > Sage

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    > about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    > others are not very excited about it?
    > Sage
    Well, I ordered it from Amazon or EA (I forgot which, LOL). I'm hoping that
    some of the new stuff can also be placed in the regular houses or that they
    also made stuff for the regular houses. In Sims 1 I made really neat music
    rooms so the new music stuff will be good. I remember I wasn't at all
    thrilled up about Makin' Magic in Sims 1 but ended up liking it so who
    knows.

    > Sage wrote:
    >> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I
    >> feel about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still
    >> don't know.
    >> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not
    >> pre-ordering this one.
    >> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    >> others are not very excited about it?
    >> Sage
    >
    > Since teens are (IMO) the most boring of the age groups, and this EP seems
    > to prolong teen-like behavior, I don't think I want it.

    Just curious. Why do you find infants, toddlers, children and elders more
    interesting to play than teenagers? What part of that gameplay is more
    engaging or fun than the gameplay that comes from having teenagers?

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    > about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    > others are not very excited about it?
    > Sage

    Well the replies all seem much of a muchness. If, as it has been suggested,
    this pack is aimed at US teenagers, why have we no replies telling us they
    are slobbering with anticipation?

    Perhaps they are too busy playingthe game to join the group 8(

    Granny.

    Sage wrote:
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
    > it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
    > are not very excited about it?
    > Sage

    I *am* actually really looking forward to it - i just started back at
    university this semester, and find it kind of funny (funny weird, not
    funny ha ha) - i also have a whole raft of legacy sims whose
    grandparents went to public school, parents (who had a bit more money)
    went to private school, you get the idea.

    That being said, the thing that keeps me buying the expansion packs
    (which i rarely do for any other game with the exception of blizzards'),
    are the new objects and the fact that ea does actually use the time
    creating an EP to modify gameplay, and not *simply* add new items.

    (i found it astounding that people really expected there to be
    restaraunts, etc, in the original game - with the sims 1, we didn't get
    them until the FOURTH expansion pack - iirc, over a year after the
    original game was released) - if i worked at maxis, i would be looking
    long and hard about what "worked" in the original set of EP's, and
    implementing as many of those ideas as soon as they can, but also trying
    not to make the *exact same* expansion packs for this game as well.
    (think "unleashed: sims 2 edition")

    i am curious, however, as to how many people have a "well, i'll try it
    at a friend's house before i run out and get it myself" experience
    planned for this expansion pack.

    Am Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:21:31 GMT schrieb Sage:

    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
    > it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
    > are not very excited about it?
    > Sage

    I think I'll buy it eventually after a few years when it's cheaper...
    thing is that Sims1 was a nice game but lacked some flavour. Sims2 is a lot
    more developed and with the hacks and stuff available online I don't really
    need the expansion pack at the moment. at modthesims2.com they're even
    developing new careers!
    So unless I find everyone chanting about it after it's out I won't buy it
    yet.

    Dorte

    Sage wrote:

    >Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
    >it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    >I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    >this one.
    >Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
    >are not very excited about it?
    >Sage

    I want it because of the (presumably) improved game engine, *anything*
    that makes Sims2 run smoother has got to be worth having, also the new
    objects and animations, but to answer your question I'm not into
    teenagers and University stuff myself, so I'm not holding my breath,(at
    my age I need every bit I can get).

    ---Sandra

    You can put all the new objects in the regular neighbourhood. I'm quite
    looking forward to it but then I'm still at university. OTOH, I'm a
    post-grad student so not much of the gameplay will relate directly to my
    current experience. Come to think of it, I probably won't enjoy reliving
    undergraduate days through my sims. Hmmm....

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Charles Whitney wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Sage wrote:
    >>> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I
    >>> feel about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still
    >>> don't know.
    >>> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not
    >>> pre-ordering this one.
    >>> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    >>> others are not very excited about it?
    >>> Sage
    >>
    >> Since teens are (IMO) the most boring of the age groups, and this EP
    >> seems to prolong teen-like behavior, I don't think I want it.
    >
    > Just curious. Why do you find infants, toddlers, children and elders
    > more interesting to play than teenagers? What part of that gameplay
    > is more engaging or fun than the gameplay that comes from having
    > teenagers?

    I guess it boils down to homework. It takes nearly all evening to get a
    teen to finish the homework because you have to keep their fun and other
    needs above half in order to get them to even attempt it. It leaves no time
    for them to develop skill points or have a social life. And if the teen's
    grades fall too far, the social worker comes and takes away all the younger
    kids and leaves the teen! It's pretty futile unless you make all your teens
    have the knowledge aspiration, IMO.

    BTW, I'm not crazy about elders, either. They get tired too fast and most
    of them walk around thinking about woohoo all the time. After you've played
    the pregnancy/birth thing a few times, it gets old, too, but it's a
    necessary evil if you want to keep your neighborhoods populated over time.

    Jeanie

    > Charles Whitney wrote:
    >> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Since teens are (IMO) the most boring of the age groups, and this EP
    >>> seems to prolong teen-like behavior, I don't think I want it.
    >>
    >> Just curious. Why do you find infants, toddlers, children and elders
    >> more interesting to play than teenagers? What part of that gameplay
    >> is more engaging or fun than the gameplay that comes from having
    >> teenagers?

    > I guess it boils down to homework. It takes nearly all evening to get a
    > teen to finish the homework because you have to keep their fun and other
    > needs above half in order to get them to even attempt it. It leaves no
    > time
    > for them to develop skill points or have a social life.

    May be an obvious question....

    Did you have an adult help the teens with their homework at some point in
    their lives long enough for the stack of books icon to show up? Prior to
    doing that, I agree, homework for teens is a real pain in the ass. But
    after I did that they could do it in a timely fashion (under two hours) and
    it wasn't as draining on their fun levels, nor was it particularly difficult
    to get their fun levels back up to snuff. You can even restore high fun
    levels on teens by having them play the piano, paint, play chess, stargaze
    or use a career reward, allowing you to double its usefulness by having the
    teen build skills while having fun.

    I've never had trouble with teens and homework, in fact, I'm sometimes
    grateful for it because it gives me some time away from trying to figure out
    what to do with them (which is sometimes a problem for sims of any age
    group).

    I'm not hugely excited, and I probably shouldn't get it straight away
    as it comes out right around the time that my uni actually starts up
    again (and I really don't need to get into another addiction).

    *takes a breath*

    But stupid me will probably get it anyway because I am.... intrigued.
    So long as it's not as dull as Superstar. :-)

    ~*~
    vecki

    I wonder...will the university pack come with a bar that'll actually
    get adult sims drunk?

    I really miss turning my sims into alcoholics with the punch bowl from
    Sims 1.

    Call me cruel, but i found it funny when sims would get up in the
    morning (usually after sleeping on the floor all night) -- not to
    shower and go to work, but to head right back to the punch bowl and
    get liquored up again ;-)

    "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    > about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    > others are not very excited about it?

    I'm looking forward to it, but I must admit I'm a pretty easy sell.

    I do find myself reminded of Superstar when I read about the University
    expansion, and I remember that that was probably the most "hit or miss"
    expansion pack from the first game around here, meaning that people
    generally had a strong opinion of it, like or dislike.

    I enjoyed Superstar though, but did feel immediately after I got it that it
    didn't have the same shelf life of the other packs, simply because its
    gameplay was something that you couldn't really turn on and off whenever you
    felt like it, and I see a lot of similarities here. If the University
    experience becomes laborious too soon, I'll consider this one a disaster.

    "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    >> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't
    >> know.
    >> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    >> this one.
    >> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    >> others are not very excited about it?
    >> Sage
    >>

    > Well the replies all seem much of a muchness. If, as it has been
    > suggested, this pack is aimed at US teenagers, why have we no replies
    > telling us they are slobbering with anticipation?
    >
    > Perhaps they are too busy playingthe game to join the group 8(

    Perhaps they're too tired to want to Play University after they get home
    from their School of what ever?
    Sage

    "Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
    > Am Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:21:31 GMT schrieb Sage:
    >
    >> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    >> about
    >> it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    >> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    >> this one.
    >> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    >> others
    >> are not very excited about it?
    >> Sage
    >
    > I think I'll buy it eventually after a few years when it's cheaper...
    > thing is that Sims1 was a nice game but lacked some flavour. Sims2 is a
    > lot
    > more developed and with the hacks and stuff available online I don't
    > really
    > need the expansion pack at the moment. at modthesims2.com they're even
    > developing new careers!
    > So unless I find everyone chanting about it after it's out I won't buy it
    > yet.
    >
    > Dorte

    I feel the same, I don't feel a need for an expansion yet. I'm still
    discovering new and interesting things in Sims2... I guess I'm not ready for
    another neighborhood of students. Now if it had the young adults PLUS middle
    age... I'd grab it as soon as possible.
    Sage

    "Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Sage wrote:
    >
    >>Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    >>about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    >>I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    >>this one.
    >>Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    >>others are not very excited about it?
    >>Sage
    >>

    > I want it because of the (presumably) improved game engine, *anything*
    > that makes Sims2 run smoother has got to be worth having, also the new
    > objects and animations, but to answer your question I'm not into teenagers
    > and University stuff myself, so I'm not holding my breath,(at my age I
    > need every bit I can get).
    >
    > ---Sandra

    AGE! *age* that may be the magic word. Maybe after getting my daughter
    through university, I've had it. I feel like I've 'been there, done that'
    and don't want to go back!
    Sage

    "Lerren" <anaximander@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Sage wrote:
    >> Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel
    >> about it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't
    >> know.
    >> I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    >> this one.
    >> Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if
    >> others are not very excited about it?
    >> Sage
    >
    > I *am* actually really looking forward to it - i just started back at
    > university this semester, and find it kind of funny (funny weird, not
    > funny ha ha) - i also have a whole raft of legacy sims whose grandparents
    > went to public school, parents (who had a bit more money) went to private
    > school, you get the idea.
    >
    > That being said, the thing that keeps me buying the expansion packs (which
    > i rarely do for any other game with the exception of blizzards'), are the
    > new objects and the fact that ea does actually use the time creating an EP
    > to modify gameplay, and not *simply* add new items.
    >
    > (i found it astounding that people really expected there to be
    > restaraunts, etc, in the original game - with the sims 1, we didn't get
    > them until the FOURTH expansion pack - iirc, over a year after the
    > original game was released) - if i worked at maxis, i would be looking
    > long and hard about what "worked" in the original set of EP's, and
    > implementing as many of those ideas as soon as they can, but also trying
    > not to make the *exact same* expansion packs for this game as well. (think
    > "unleashed: sims 2 edition")
    >
    > i am curious, however, as to how many people have a "well, i'll try it at
    > a friend's house before i run out and get it myself" experience planned
    > for this expansion pack.

    I don't have any friends who are getting it for me to try or I Would! Only
    one of my friends play the Sims and isn't getting it, so it's me or no one.
    I wonder if it would be good for young people who are just 'thinking' of
    going on to higher education? If it's realistic enough, it could be good for
    them...
    Sage

    Sage wrote:
    > Hmmm... looks like a lot of us are at least, underwhelmed.
    > Looking at the screen shots I don't see all that Much that's new.

    Yeah, that's another thing that's bothered me. Most of the furniture in
    the screenshots looks like the same old furniture as S2. Little in
    the way of new tables, chairs, windows, benches, trees, etc. I know I
    should reserve judgment until it comes out, but if they had lots of new
    stuff you'd think they'd be flaunting it, right?

    There are fountains and a pool table now. Those will be welcome. But
    there doesn't appear to be much else, except that rock band combo. Yawn...

    --
    --Cuth

    Sanantone wrote:

    > I want it because of the (presumably) improved game engine, *anything*
    > that makes Sims2 run smoother has got to be worth having

    Where'd you hear there's an improved engine? Haven't heard that. I
    doubt it will make S2 run smoother if you're having serious problems.
    If you're willing to do "anything," then invest in a RAM upgrade, or a
    faster processor or vid card, or both. All I did was boot my RAM from
    512 to 1G and that helped tremendously.

    --
    --Cuth

    Charles Whitney wrote:
    > You can even restore high fun
    > levels on teens by having them play the piano, paint, play chess, stargaze
    > or use a career reward, allowing you to double its usefulness by having the
    > teen build skills while having fun.

    No you can't. Teens won't touch those things if they're in a funk. You
    get "No way, maybe later!" Maybe knowledge-teens are different.

    --
    --Cuth

    > Charles Whitney wrote:
    >> You can even restore high fun
    >> levels on teens by having them play the piano, paint, play chess,
    >> stargaze or use a career reward, allowing you to double its usefulness by
    >> having the teen build skills while having fun.
    >
    > No you can't. Teens won't touch those things if they're in a funk. You
    > get "No way, maybe later!" Maybe knowledge-teens are different.

    No, you're right, if one of these two things is present:

    A. You haven't had an adult help the teen with homework to where the
    "learned how to do homework" memory was obtained. Without it, doing
    homework will completely drain the teen's fun motive no matter where it was
    when they began (and doing homework takes longer), or

    B. You started the teen into homework with the fun motive half full or
    less.

    Otherwise, all of those activities work well in recovering the fun motive
    after the teen finishes his homework.

    I'm not sure if the teen will refuse to use a career reward if the fun
    motive is in a danger level, however. If the kid's fun motive is completely
    spent, strike that and have them play the console version of SSX or watch
    SimStation Dance for an hour or so and they'll be completely amicable to
    whatever you'd like them to do.

    oh and off topic
    i notice that some games are starting realy beeing difficult or/ impossible
    to copy
    or to get a good working no cd
    this is one way good ,but still i like to play with a no cd key
    I wonder how the new expansion pack will be to make a no cd patch
    And yes i bought so far all expansions for sims1/ 2 and simcity 4 ;-)

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > Sanantone wrote:
    >
    >> I want it because of the (presumably) improved game engine,
    >> *anything* that makes Sims2 run smoother has got to be worth having
    >

    > Where'd you hear there's an improved engine? Haven't heard that. I
    > doubt it will make S2 run smoother if you're having serious problems.
    > If you're willing to do "anything," then invest in a RAM upgrade, or a
    > faster processor or vid card, or both. All I did was boot my RAM from
    > 512 to 1G and that helped tremendously.

    I meant gameplay not game engine, I've seen it somewhere, "improved
    gameplay", I already have a gig of Ram, and I had to buy another video
    card just to play Sims2, my PC is more than fast enough, (Pentium4 2.8
    GHz), it's just that Sims2 wants every bit of memory and power that it
    can get, being full 3D, ( "Children of the Nile" is the same) although
    not quite as depleting as Sims2, the game runs ok but I want it to run
    full spec not have to have it on medium settings. I want it ALL and I
    want it NOW!!.

    ---Sandra

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > If you're willing to do
    > "anything," then invest in a RAM upgrade, or a faster
    > processor or vid card, or both. All I did was boot my
    > RAM from 512 to 1G and that helped tremendously.

    I did that, but I don't see much difference. Did I miss
    something?

    T.

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > Charles Whitney wrote:
    > > You can even restore high fun
    > > levels on teens by having them play the piano, paint,
    > > play chess, stargaze or use a career reward, allowing
    > > you to double its usefulness by having the teen build
    > > skills while having fun.
    > No you can't. Teens won't touch those things if they're
    > in a funk. You get "No way, maybe later!" Maybe
    > knowledge-teens are different.

    The fastest way to get fun up is having them dive into the
    swimming pool. The easiest way is to have them watch a painting.

    T.

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Taemon wrote:
    > The fastest way to get fun up is having them dive into the
    > swimming pool. The easiest way is to have them watch a painting.

    Oh? Doesn't TS2 have an Espresso Machine? And, if so, has it been
    crippled compared to the TS1 version? [which, when I bought one today, maxed
    my Sim's 2/3rds full Fun with one drink, which isn't at all bad, even taking
    into account the time on the toilet needed to recover your bladder
    afterwards :]

    "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in

    > Charles Whitney wrote:

    >> Just curious. Why do you find infants, toddlers, children and
    >> elders more interesting to play than teenagers? What part of
    >> that gameplay is more engaging or fun than the gameplay that
    >> comes from having teenagers?

    > I guess it boils down to homework. It takes nearly all evening to
    > get a teen to finish the homework because you have to keep their
    > fun and other needs above half in order to get them to even
    > attempt it. It leaves no time for them to develop skill points or
    > have a social life.

    You do know teens can use the rewards, right? The energizer (the one
    that makes all bars green) is constantly in use in my families.

    --
    ---->Sagittaria<----

    I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

    Joseph William Dixon wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Taemon wrote:
    > > The fastest way to get fun up is having them dive into
    > > the swimming pool. The easiest way is to have them
    > > watch a painting.
    > Oh? Doesn't TS2 have an Espresso Machine?

    Yes, but this is faster. It's only a few points, but it is quick
    and they never refuse to do it. Also, it doesn't leave a cup that
    HAS to be put on an end table or else.

    T.

    Sage wrote:
    > Is anyone waiting breathlessly for University? I don't know how I feel about
    > it yet, have read seen all the screen shots... and still don't know.
    > I pre-ordered all the Sims1 XP's and then Sims2 but I'm not pre-ordering
    > this one.
    > Since there's not much talk about it on this group, I'm wondering if others
    > are not very excited about it?
    > Sage

    well, i will be getting it on release in the UK, sims addict for life
    here :)

    Do you know the date? I've not being paying that much attention but it
    might be worth knowing, then I can spend my birthday money.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Ninereeds" <duncan@aaaa94.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > well, i will be getting it on release in the UK, sims addict for life
    > here :)

    I believe it's supposed to be Today in the US.
    There is one reason I may get it soon...
    I just read that "you can take a photo with the new Camera and use it as
    wall-hanging"!
    Sage

    "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Do you know the date? I've not being paying that much attention but it
    > might be worth knowing, then I can spend my birthday money.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Ninereeds" <duncan@aaaa94.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> well, i will be getting it on release in the UK, sims addict for life
    >> here :)

    I meant do you know when it's released in the UK? You can't miss the fact
    that it's been released in the US.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > I believe it's supposed to be Today in the US.
    > There is one reason I may get it soon...
    > I just read that "you can take a photo with the new Camera and use it as
    > wall-hanging"!
    > Sage
    >
    > "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Do you know the date? I've not being paying that much attention but it
    > > might be worth knowing, then I can spend my birthday money.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >

    > > "Ninereeds" <duncan@aaaa94.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> well, i will be getting it on release in the UK, sims addict for life
    > >> here :)

    Sorry, I didn't know where you meant. Someone said a week or more for Europe
    though.
    At least you'll know all about it by the time you get it.

    > Sorry, I didn't know where you meant. Someone said a week or more for
    Europe
    > though.
    > At least you'll know all about it by the time you get it.
    > Sage

    I'll let you know if I find it first then.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Maxon wrote:
    > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Sorry, I didn't know where you meant. Someone said a week or more for
    >
    > Europe
    >
    >>though.
    >>At least you'll know all about it by the time you get it.
    >>Sage
    >>

    > I'll let you know if I find it first then.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    from what i recall its out next friday (11th)

    Yep - that's what I worked out now that I'm paying attention. Looking
    forward to it.

    > Maxon wrote:
    > > "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Sorry, I didn't know where you meant. Someone said a week or more for
    > >
    > > Europe
    > >
    > >>though.
    > >>At least you'll know all about it by the time you get it.
    > >>Sage
    > >>

    > > I'll let you know if I find it first then.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >

    > from what i recall its out next friday (11th)

Sims Games Windows XP Video Games