Cheap motherboard for SLI (9600 GT)

svenskmand

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Hello Everybody :),

I have a 9600 GT and want to buy a new machine with everything except the 9600 GT (From Club 3D). If you have some advise on a good motherboard that has SLI capabilities (as I may want to buy another 9600 GT), and a cpu that matches the mobo, where the total system should cost be around 700-1000$, this would be very nice :)

With regards to processor I do not care if it is Intel or AMD, as long as it fits the requirements for costs :)

Best regards :)

deluxegamer233

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I have a Nvidia NForce 680i and 790i that I'll sell you - sli.

I can build you a whole system for under a thousand doin' search-work. I'd actually love to - I'm thinking about starting a website to search out information and parts.

Get back to me - just leave a message in your post.

PS, I have a pentium d 920 [dual core] extra too. It's 2.9, 2x2MB. Onward, you know what to do.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Asus P5N-D
MSI P7N Zilent
both is based on i750 chipset for intel C2d or C2q
around 100 USD
If you wanna do SLI then u better have C2D or Athlon that clocked at 3.3GHz or above to unleash it's potential
cause anything slower than 3GHz will likely become a bottleneck for the pair of 9600GT

svenskmand

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Thanks for the many replies :)

If you could come up with some matching sets of hardware for motherboard, cpu and power supply. I have done a little research on the net and come up with this system, critics please :) as it is >5 years since I last built a pc, I have used laptops in the mean time and not gamed much, so I have not follow the hardware specs for a long time.

ASUS M4N82 Deluxe
Phenom II X4 920 6 MB (AMD Processor in a Box (PIB)) (Cooler (fansink))
Power supply, I have not found one yet :(
Kingston HyperX 2 x 2 GB
Lian Li CLASSICAL PLUS SERIES PC-G50

Also I live in Denmark so if you suggestions for hardware could be found here edbpriser.dk with Google Translate it would be nice but is not a must :)

Thanks in advance :)

svenskmand

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Thanks for all the replies I think I have what I need now :), i am gonna stick with the above configuration and the suggested PSU

Thanks for the replies :)

I wouldn't waste a nickle on any of those 730-740-750-780 or 790 boards........... NONE of them !

The 600 series either. The 600's were more reliable but their past their prime and almost extinct with the 775 processors. Buy something newer. ... PhenomII ddr3............. or 1366 set up.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
Are you sure you want to spend more on an SLI motherboard for dual 9600 GTs? To SLI 9600 GTs means to get more 3D performance but the easier way, more practical way in terms of a power supply with special connectors, the cheaper way, is to get a single card that performs better than SLI'd 9600 Gts.

That motherboard isn't very cheap either.