Private School?

Any hints on how to get the kids into private school. I invite the
headmaster over show him the house, and feed him, and keep talking to him,
at the end he always says I don't think your child or children is eligible?

Thanks,
Christy
24 answers Last reply
More about private school

    I usually get my kids in.

    Make sure you house is spotless, all the beds made, the lights on, no
    old newspapers or dead flowers. Show him the biggest rooms of the
    house until he thanks you for the tour. I usually have the hubby
    giving the tour, while wifey makes dinner. (in case it burns and I have
    to make a second dinner)

    Make the food that takes the highest cooking skill. I usually feed
    him salmon, turkey, or if my sim has the skill, lobster. Click on him
    and choose entertain, Call for Dinner.

    The smoozing seems to go much easier if you sit with him at the table
    while he eats.

    If you put a bar right by the table, have a drink and you will still be
    talking to him while he is sitting at the table, and if he joins you
    for a drink, you get an extra 10 points!

    Hope that helps.

    I've actually been wondering what Private School actually achieves for
    the sims - aside from Knowledge and Fortune Aspirations.

    ~*~
    vecki

    I usually only do it if the parents are knowledge or fortune sims,
    and/or the kids are knowledge sims. They get alot of aspiration points
    for it. I dont think it helps them in any other way. I also wait
    until at least 3 kids are school age, then you can sometimes give half
    the family 8,000-16,000 aspiration points EACH all at once.

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've actually been wondering what Private School actually achieves for
    > the sims - aside from Knowledge and Fortune Aspirations.

    It is supposed to be less hard on the kids needs. They come home with less
    of a hit to things like fun I notice.

    Gareeth

    Does your sim have maxed out cooking skills?
    That and making sure the home has education items like an expensive
    computer..piano..telescope, etc all help butter him up :)

    Nicole
    yahooIM: girlsmeg

    <dodgeram@cwis.net> wrote in message
    > Any hints on how to get the kids into private school. I invite the
    > headmaster over show him the house, and feed him, and keep talking to him,
    > at the end he always says I don't think your child or children is
    > eligible?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Christy

    >Good food is half the way - I always let the best-cooking Sim cook or
    I buy
    >the buffet, and that usually gives me 30-40 points already. Then I let
    all
    >my Sims talk to him for a bit and the ones who get along best start to
    talk
    >about school and work and so - another 10-15 points. Tour around the
    house
    >which is clean and decorated nicely - 20-40 points. And if you get him
    into
    >a hot tub, there's another 10 points.
    >I usually have a total overkill of 110/90 points or something ;D Once
    you
    >get the hang of it, it's no more difficult than throwing acceptable or

    >somewhat good parties.

    The points allocation does seem bizarre at times. I had one sim who
    simply snoozed her way in. Got 120 points simply by talking to him a
    few times. While on another occasion I made spaghetti for dinner and
    got a whooping 50 point! The sim who made it had pretty low cooking
    skills too. While better meals with Sims with higher cooking skills got
    less points.

    Be careful what the other Sims are doing too. If one makes hot dogs he
    will protest the food isn't suitable and walk off. If a sim doesn't
    seem to get on with him make sure that sim is out the way as they can
    hurt your chances. There is also a risk he will go into the hot tub and
    refuse to get out. So, I would build a fence around it to stop him
    using it.

    "Cascader" <mindymalone@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I usually get my kids in.
    >
    > Make sure you house is spotless, all the beds made, the lights on, no
    > old newspapers or dead flowers. Show him the biggest rooms of the
    > house until he thanks you for the tour.

    {snip}

    I've never been able to figure this out. The few times I've tried to get
    the kids into private school, Whenever I click on the give tour option, I
    can only show a room (if that) before the HM impatiently says "yes, I've
    already seen this room" even if it wasn't part of the tour.

    Now I read I've gotta show him the telescope and computer too?

    Any simple "Giving House Tours for Fun & Profit" tutorials I can check out?

    -Josh

    "Josh" <ten@nozirev.yma.shoj> wrote in message

    > Any simple "Giving House Tours for Fun & Profit" tutorials I can check
    > out?

    He likes educational items like telescopes, pianos, and easels. He also
    responds well to nice art. Some people actually just move the tiems he likes
    from room to room. Start teh tour and hsow him a room. Then walk to the next
    one and hsow him the next. If you are short on nice stuff pause in between
    and move things - the headmaster is dumb and doesn't catch on.

    Give him a nice dinner too. Turkey or lobster seem ot work best. I can getmy
    kids in with just the tour and the food which is good because schmoozing cna
    backfire.

    You get bonuses for the headmaster having coffee or going in the hottub. Ten
    points. If your family is on the edge of getting in those points are
    important so plan to get them.

    Gareeth

    And he LOVES it when one of the kids with high creativity skills is playing
    piano at dinner (or better: all the time of his visit).

    I made the experience there are more points when one of the kids (with high
    charisma) is giving the tour instead of the parents.

    Am Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:41:50 -0600 schrieb dodgeram@cwis.net:

    > Any hints on how to get the kids into private school. I invite the
    > headmaster over show him the house, and feed him, and keep talking to him,
    > at the end he always says I don't think your child or children is eligible?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Christy

    Good food is half the way - I always let the best-cooking Sim cook or I buy
    the buffet, and that usually gives me 30-40 points already. Then I let all
    my Sims talk to him for a bit and the ones who get along best start to talk
    about school and work and so - another 10-15 points. Tour around the house
    which is clean and decorated nicely - 20-40 points. And if you get him into
    a hot tub, there's another 10 points.
    I usually have a total overkill of 110/90 points or something ;D Once you
    get the hang of it, it's no more difficult than throwing acceptable or
    somewhat good parties.

    Dorte

    Cascader wrote:
    > I usually get my kids in.
    >
    > Make sure you house is spotless, all the beds made, the lights on, no
    > old newspapers or dead flowers.

    Dead flowers?? Where in the game are dead flowers?

    > Show him the biggest rooms of the
    > house until he thanks you for the tour.

    Make sure those rooms are filled with educational items: the chess
    table, booksheleves, telescopes. Just make sure one of your Sims isn't
    watching a neighbor undress with it!

    > Make the food that takes the highest cooking skill. I usually feed
    > him salmon, turkey, or if my sim has the skill, lobster.

    Or, buy the buffett table and make it easier on your cooking Sims.

    However, your Sim doesn't have to be Jacques Pepin for his kiddies to
    get into private school. On a recent post I talked about how I had a
    Sim with modest cooking abilities whip up a plate of spaghetti and
    meatballs that the headmaster gulped down. I was thinking of Prince
    Charles, actually. I remember an interview a long time ago where Chuck
    said he was tired of being served caviar and filet mignon every time he
    went somewhere, that he'd rather have a nice plate of spaghetti and
    meatballs for a change simply because he never gets it. No one would
    think to serve Prince Charles spaghetti and meatballs! Maybe that's
    true of the headmaster too. And maybe that's the real reason the queen
    isn't going to the royal wedding: "You're serving spaghetti and
    meatballs!?! First you want me to put up with you marrying that dog,
    and the you're serving spaghetti and meatballs???!!! That's it, you're
    out of the will!!"

    > The smoozing seems to go much easier if you sit with him at the table
    > while he eats.

    I couldn't get my Sims to schmooze while they were sitting. The option
    only seems to appear when the're standing. (Just because they're
    talking doesn't mean they're schmoozing.) At any rate, I find
    schmoozing the easiest thing to get the Sim to do, especially if they're
    outgoing.

    > If you put a bar right by the table, have a drink and you will still be
    > talking to him while he is sitting at the table, and if he joins you
    > for a drink, you get an extra 10 points!

    I often hire a bartender. Looks impressive. I also have all my Sims
    wear formal attire. I'm sure that doesn't do anything, but it looks good.

    --
    --Cuth

    Oh, I was going to say if all else fails, use a cheat to get them in! ;-)

    --
    --Cuth

    Gareeth wrote:

    > You get bonuses for the headmaster having coffee or going in the hottub. Ten
    > points. If your family is on the edge of getting in those points are
    > important so plan to get them.

    How do you make the headmaster do these things? Just do them yourself
    and he will follow suit?

    --
    --Cuth

    > Gareeth wrote:
    >
    >> You get bonuses for the headmaster having coffee or going in the hottub.
    >> Ten points. If your family is on the edge of getting in those points are
    >> important so plan to get them.
    >
    > How do you make the headmaster do these things? Just do them yourself and
    > he will follow suit?

    With the expensive espresso machine, you can direct a sim to "Serve
    Espresso" which makes some indeterminate number of cups of espresso to which
    other sims can help themselves. The extra cups are left in the receptacle
    of the machine, so you can't see how many servings there are. The
    headmaster helps himself to one, and that's how you get the 10 points.

    As for the hot tub, sometimes you can prompt him, but other times he does it
    autonomously. It's a double edged sword, because sometimes he doesn't come
    back out of there and you can't get meal and tour points if you haven't
    already. You can schmooze with him in the hot tub, but I think he needs to
    get out and end the conversation before those points are added to the
    equation. I've certainly found that the case for schmooze points made over
    dinner.

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Cascader wrote:
    >
    >> I usually get my kids in.
    >>
    >> Make sure you house is spotless, all the beds made, the lights on, no
    >> old newspapers or dead flowers.
    >

    > Dead flowers?? Where in the game are dead flowers?

    Oh, I'll bet you mean outside. I was thinking of a vase on the table or
    something. :-)

    --
    --Cuth

    > "Josh" <ten@nozirev.yma.shoj> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Any simple "Giving House Tours for Fun & Profit" tutorials I can check
    >> out?
    >>

    > He likes educational items like telescopes, pianos, and easels. He also
    > responds well to nice art. Some people actually just move the tiems he
    > likes from room to room. Start teh tour and hsow him a room. Then walk to
    > the next one and hsow him the next. If you are short on nice stuff pause
    > in between and move things - the headmaster is dumb and doesn't catch on.
    >
    > Give him a nice dinner too. Turkey or lobster seem ot work best. I can
    > getmy kids in with just the tour and the food which is good because
    > schmoozing cna backfire.
    >
    > You get bonuses for the headmaster having coffee or going in the hottub.
    > Ten points. If your family is on the edge of getting in those points are
    > important so plan to get them.

    Thanks! I'll try these next time I'm playing a family with kids. I tend to
    play one family at a time until I get bored with them, and my current one is
    a single womanizer that has no interest in settling down.

    -Josh

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:48:00 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Cascader wrote:
    >> I usually get my kids in.
    >>
    >> Make sure you house is spotless, all the beds made, the lights on, no
    >> old newspapers or dead flowers.
    >
    >Dead flowers?? Where in the game are dead flowers?
    >
    >> Show him the biggest rooms of the
    >> house until he thanks you for the tour.
    >
    >Make sure those rooms are filled with educational items: the chess
    >table, booksheleves, telescopes. Just make sure one of your Sims isn't
    >watching a neighbor undress with it!
    >
    >> Make the food that takes the highest cooking skill. I usually feed
    >> him salmon, turkey, or if my sim has the skill, lobster.
    >
    >Or, buy the buffett table and make it easier on your cooking Sims.
    >
    >However, your Sim doesn't have to be Jacques Pepin for his kiddies to
    >get into private school. On a recent post I talked about how I had a
    >Sim with modest cooking abilities whip up a plate of spaghetti and
    >meatballs that the headmaster gulped down. I was thinking of Prince
    >Charles, actually. I remember an interview a long time ago where Chuck
    >said he was tired of being served caviar and filet mignon every time he
    >went somewhere, that he'd rather have a nice plate of spaghetti and
    >meatballs for a change simply because he never gets it. No one would
    >think to serve Prince Charles spaghetti and meatballs! Maybe that's
    >true of the headmaster too. And maybe that's the real reason the queen
    >isn't going to the royal wedding: "You're serving spaghetti and
    >meatballs!?! First you want me to put up with you marrying that dog,
    >and the you're serving spaghetti and meatballs???!!! That's it, you're
    >out of the will!!"
    >
    >> The smoozing seems to go much easier if you sit with him at the table
    >> while he eats.
    >
    >I couldn't get my Sims to schmooze while they were sitting. The option
    >only seems to appear when the're standing. (Just because they're
    >talking doesn't mean they're schmoozing.) At any rate, I find
    >schmoozing the easiest thing to get the Sim to do, especially if they're
    >outgoing.
    >
    >> If you put a bar right by the table, have a drink and you will still be
    >> talking to him while he is sitting at the table, and if he joins you
    >> for a drink, you get an extra 10 points!
    >
    >I often hire a bartender. Looks impressive. I also have all my Sims
    >wear formal attire. I'm sure that doesn't do anything, but it looks good.

    One of my families has two parents who are pretty lousy cooks -- two
    or three cooking skill points each. Somehow, their child had maxed out
    the cooking skill. (Wow, me must make some awesome muffins in that
    kids oven)

    Anyway, I had the headmaster come over the day was going to grow up.
    So, while mom and dad gave Vince a tour of the house, little Ernie
    grew into a teen and fixed up lobster thermadore -- and got into
    private school. Hooray!

    Charles Whitney wrote:

    > As for the hot tub, sometimes you can prompt him, but other times he does it
    > autonomously. It's a double edged sword, because sometimes he doesn't come
    > back out of there and you can't get meal and tour points if you haven't
    > already.

    You mean you can't have a Sim call him to come over from the hot tub (to
    eat, for example)?

    Then again, you can always install the Magic Mirror and have the
    headmaster do whatever you want. :-)

    --
    --Cuth

    > Charles Whitney wrote:
    >
    >> As for the hot tub, sometimes you can prompt him, but other times he does
    >> it autonomously. It's a double edged sword, because sometimes he doesn't
    >> come back out of there and you can't get meal and tour points if you
    >> haven't already.
    >
    > You mean you can't have a Sim call him to come over from the hot tub (to
    > eat, for example)?

    Nah, I'm just noting that if you have him get into the hot tub, he generally
    won't come out on his own and you frequently won't get schmooze points for
    the time in the hot tub if the timer for the scenario runs out while he's
    still in there. (Don't want to suggest it *never* happens, only that the
    only time when I notice those points is when I don't get them and I need
    them) He usually goes in on my scenarioes after I've done dinner and the
    tour, and frequently it is those schmooze points that make the difference
    between success and failure.

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

    > Charles Whitney wrote:
    >
    >> As for the hot tub, sometimes you can prompt him, but other times he
    >> does it autonomously. It's a double edged sword, because sometimes he
    >> doesn't come back out of there and you can't get meal and tour points
    >> if you haven't already.
    >

    > You mean you can't have a Sim call him to come over from the hot tub (to
    > eat, for example)?
    >
    > Then again, you can always install the Magic Mirror and have the
    > headmaster do whatever you want. :-)

    Hrm. Preggers headmaster.

    -georg

    > Gareeth wrote:
    >
    >> You get bonuses for the headmaster having coffee or going in the hottub.
    >> Ten points. If your family is on the edge of getting in those points are
    >> important so plan to get them.
    >
    > How do you make the headmaster do these things? Just do them yourself and
    > he will follow suit?

    If you serve expresso he seems to know it is sitting in the expresso machine
    and he will go over and take it. For the hottub it works like any sims where
    if you go you can invite him but he will often head there of his own accord
    too.

    Gareeth

    "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > As for the hot tub, sometimes you can prompt him, but other times he does
    > it autonomously. It's a double edged sword, because sometimes he doesn't
    > come back out of there and you can't get meal and tour points if you
    > haven't already. You can schmooze with him in the hot tub, but I think he
    > needs to get out and end the conversation before those points are added to
    > the equation. I've certainly found that the case for schmooze points made
    > over dinner.

    If he gets stuck in the hottub like that just invite him to join you at
    chess and then stop the game. Works for me.

    Gareeth

    "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > Gareeth wrote:
    > >
    > >> You get bonuses for the headmaster having coffee or going in the
    hottub.
    > >> Ten points. If your family is on the edge of getting in those points
    are
    > >> important so plan to get them.
    > >
    > > How do you make the headmaster do these things? Just do them yourself
    and
    > > he will follow suit?
    >
    > With the expensive espresso machine, you can direct a sim to "Serve
    > Espresso" which makes some indeterminate number of cups of espresso to
    which
    > other sims can help themselves. The extra cups are left in the receptacle
    > of the machine, so you can't see how many servings there are. The
    > headmaster helps himself to one, and that's how you get the 10 points.
    >
    > As for the hot tub, sometimes you can prompt him, but other times he does
    it
    > autonomously. It's a double edged sword, because sometimes he doesn't
    come
    > back out of there and you can't get meal and tour points if you haven't
    > already. You can schmooze with him in the hot tub, but I think he needs
    > get out and end the conversation before those points are added to the
    > equation. I've certainly found that the case for schmooze points made
    over
    > dinner.

    Ooh, didn't know about the espresso, must try that.

    Yeah, I've had him get stuck in the hot tub too, fortunately it was after
    I'd squeaked in enough points to make it. Usually, though, he makes a
    beeline for the dart board and has to be lured away for the tour. For the
    schmooze, I have different family members give it a try, and see who get the
    best reception.

    I've also made the mistake of waiting too long to "call for dinner", and the
    option went away from the menu. All the family sat down to eat, but he just
    paced back and forth in the kitchen for a while, then gave up in disgust and
    went off to throw darts again.

    The only other time I haven't gotten a kid into private school was with the
    Broke family. I'd made Brandy get up off her baby-maker and get a job as a
    security guard, but intended for her to stay home that evening. So Dustin
    invites the headmaster over. I direct Brandy to start making dinner, then
    get Dustin started on the tour. Next thing I know, Brandy has slipped out
    the door before I could stop her, and had apparently ignored the "serve
    dinner" direction as well, because the table and stove are bare. Fine time
    for her to develop a work ethic! Poor Dustin had to rush to throw together
    a mac and cheese at the last minute. And wouldn't you know, he burned it,
    too. I had to laugh, that kid just can't get a break.

    --Poppy

    Well, do you die of a cold? And they are pretty easy to catch.

    But I agree, I find it annoying too - happening so often.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > I've had a child not get in once or twice (one of them was Dirk Dreamer,
    > but who'd want that loser? ;-) but overall I agree it's not that hard.
    > Speaking of things that don't seem to be hard howevery, has anyone
    > else found that Sims get colds at the drop of a hat, and at the same
    > time it's very easy to make them better even if you ignore the
    > instructions to keep them off their feet and send them to bed. At first
    > I would strictly do this, but keeping a Sim sleeping or napping when
    > their status bars are all green is very hard, so eventually I decided if
    > they died, they died, it's their own damn fault. But no matter what I
    > do or don't do, the Sims get better by themselves. Has anyone had a Sim
    > die from being ill? I sure haven't. I'll even sometimes get a message
    > that so-and-so is sick, only to get a message moments later that they're
    > well again, even though I haven't had them do anything.
    >
    > And they get sick too often. Enough, Maxis, you always tend to overdo
    > it. Between that and appliances breaking every day, it's overkill.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

Sims Games Video Games