Temps & lockup after installing crossfire

Since installing 2 x 4870s in crossfire last weekend I have the following issues:

1 Sisandra (benchmarking tool) crashes as soon as I open it before even trying to run any tests.
2 Everest frequently makes windows freeze and I have to press reset.
3 Motherboard temps where between 25-33C regardless of activity now they are around 25-28 when windows first loads but when I exit a game they are high 40s and could have gone even higher while gaming. My CPU temps are not affected at all.
4 Due to the problem with everest (which is only 30 day trial anyway) I don't have anything to monitor the card temps as speed fan doesn't read them, is there any free software that will monitor them?

Despite the above I can play games fine with no issues (I have only played around 2-3 hours of Metro 2033 and 10 mins of modern warfare 2 but no issues).

System spec.
Phenom 550BE unlocked to 4 core @ 3.55GHz
4GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHZ (2x2GB)
Asrock 880G extreme 3
2 x Radeon HD 512Mb 1 is saphire 1 is XFX both 512Mb running 750MHz clock 900MHz RAM (i think this is stock)
Windows 7 64bit

Please help

MickyDee

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Download GPU-Z to monitor your graphics cards (it's free) once you you download it just drag it onto the desktop, run it and open the sensor tab. As for your CPU you could try Riva tuner or CPU-Z. It sounds like your temps on the motherboard are not to bad. the temp it's reading could be the ambient air temp in the case. which is not bad after gaming for a couple of hours. You can find all three utilities by google search.