-Asus P6T
-Intel i7 920
-Antec Ninehundred case
-Corsair 750 TX PSU
-Sapphire HD4850 1GB
-OCZ Gold OCZ3G1600LV6GK 6 GB kit
-Cooler Master V8 cooler
-WD 750GB Caviar Black

I also got Vista, a DVD burner, etc. But I won't go into that, because I can't even get it to post.

I am using an existing DVI monitor that works great, so that's not the issue.

Oh, and one more thing, I don't think the 900 has a speaker. I didn't plug one in, so if its beeping a post error at me, I don't hear it.

I am in desperate need of help and suggestions! Thanks!!

EDIT/P.S.
-everything seems to be plugged into power. The V8, MB, all fans, case all light up and spin. HDD spins too...

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
First, and I know it sounds like the tech support from India question, but have you verified that all power cables are fully inserted, everything is properly mounted and secured?

Next, is there any activity at all? Fans spinning? Hard drive starting up? Anything? Or is it dark (no lights) and dead?

Heyray2

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2007
Something you may have already checked, but make sure you've connected the PCI-E power connectors from your PSU to your video card.

WildHare

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Doh! I think I am supposed to plug in an 8 pin additional power thing to the MB (EATX12V). The Asus manual shows an 8 pin, but on the board there's a plug making it 4, so I just missed it.

Anyway, thanks to the tech support from India - it took something basic for me to figure it out. :)

It's giving me a nice black screen telling me to load an OS, so all is well!

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009

*grins* You'd be surprised how easy it is to miss that one sometimes. Good loading of OS to you!

New build didn't boot checklist

1. Did you plug in the 4/8 pin power connector to the board, located near the CPU?

2. Did you install the standoffs under the motherboard? Did you place them so that they all align with the screw holes in the motherboard, with no standoffs touching the board in the wrong place?

3. Did you verify that the video card is fully seated? (may require more force than a new builder expects.)

4. Did you attach all the required power connectors to the video card? (some need two, some need none, many need one.)

5. Did you verify that all memory modules are fully inserted? (may require more force than a new builder expects.)

6. Did you remove the plastic guard over the CPU socket? (this actually comes up occasionally.)

7. If using an after market CPU cooler, did you get any cooling paste on the board? Did you use the smallest amount you could?

8. Is the CPU fan plugged in?

9. If using a stock cooler, was the thermal material on the base of the cooler free of foreign material, and did you remove any protective covering?

10. Are any loose screws laying on the motherboard, or jammed against it?

WildHare

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Oh, and thank you Proximon for the parts guide - I used it to start my research, and I ended up going with your recommendations on many parts.