Sign in with
Your question

Outlook Express

Last response: in Windows 7
September 15, 2011 10:46:08 AM

Hello,
I have just successfully loaded Windows 7 on my notebook (it did have Windows Vista)I saved all my emails as instructed by Microsoft to C:\Users\MY NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail...but I no longer have Outlook Express and am unable to locate how to re download this, then I hopefully can retrieve all my saved emails, some a extremely critical to retain.
Would greatly appreciate if someone is able to assist me with this.
Thanks Sandra

More about : outlook express

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
September 15, 2011 10:51:48 AM

You didn't have Outlook Express on Vista, you had Windows Mail. You can install Windows Live Mail which is part of Windows Live Essentials.
m
l
September 15, 2011 11:42:25 AM

Thanks so much for that Grumpy, I have now loaded Windows Live Mail, I will now go see if I can retrieve my emails...Cheers
m
l
Related resources
September 15, 2011 12:14:52 PM

Hi there...Windows Live Mail was only Hotmail, which I already have but I only ever use minimally, I am now not really sure what it was that I had but it was available when I purchased the notebook which had Windows Vista loaded, do you have another idea of what program would have loaded with Vista? I just checked my old PC and that had Outlook Express and what I had with Vista was certainly an identical layout (because I know I didn't get into any trouble using it..I am a senior and get quite confused when something is too different) :( 
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
September 15, 2011 12:18:27 PM

I have no idea what you're asking. Windows Live Mail will support POP, IMAP as well as Hotmail.
m
l
!