Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area causes system crash

Under ONE user on a laptop using WinXP Pro with all updates from MS I'm getting a Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_area which causes a system crash.

I get to the login screen via Cntrl-Alt-Del, enter userid/password and then the appropriate Domain. As the system starts up, I get the above message and then the 'blue screen of death' (90% of the time or a similar 'crash message') but ONLY for ONE user, say 'tsmith'.

IF I startup in Administrator (local machine OR domain), I'm ok. IF I startup in 'tsmith' into the local machine I'm ok. I'm ok under normal login OR in SafeMode (with or without networking BUT I must not select the domain). The problem is with logging in as 'tsmith' WITH a Domain (connected to the domain or not)!!!!

What's the resolution to allow 'tsmith' to use the laptop and NOT crash? But WITHOUT removing the user 'tsmith' and readding him?
TIA,
Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about page_fault_in_nonpaged_area system crash

    tsmith has been messing with his settings more than
    getting his work done... build a new user profile for him
    and move the docs he needs to the new profile the delete
    the old profile... instruct tsmith to leave his settings
    alone.

    In the final solution after running a 'chkdsk' fro about 1.5 hrs on the 40GB drive, I had to move all documents under 'tsmith', delete his UserID and readd it. Once this was done everything has worked fine.
    Thanks for the help!

Configuration Domain Crash Windows XP