Sign in with
Your question

My daughyer didnt activate her windows software 30days expired i tried to fix go

Last response: in Windows XP
July 7, 2011 6:49:54 AM

my daughyer didnt activate her windows software 30days expired i tried to fix got angry @ hp so i useddell recovery cd now product key is no longer valid no help from miicrosoft not want to b illegal but I paid for this barely used computer for my grandaughter for xmas 2004 computer been in storage for 3 years i don't have money to spend on what i already paid for
a b α HP
July 7, 2011 7:07:53 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum.If you did not fdisk the hard drive there may be an hp recovery partion on the drive to recover the drive back to hp software. once you do that you should have the chance to enter the oem number on the hp. if your daughter still has all of the cd there should be one called hp recovery.if you boot from this cd it will put the hp software back on.if not you can call hp and see what the replacement cost would be for a set or try ebay.
m
l
July 7, 2011 7:26:59 AM

Quote:
Hello and welcome to the forum.If you did not fdisk the hard drive there may be an hp recovery partion on the drive to recover the drive back to hp software. once you do that you should have the chance to enter the oem number on the hp. if your daughter still has all of the cd there should be one called hp recovery.if you boot from this cd it will put the hp software back on.if not you can call hp and see what the replacement cost would be for a set or try ebay.

I called hp first on hold 30 min no help and wanted to charge me i was able to reset BIOS password by removing cmos battery i probably will have to pay for another set of cds what is fdisk the system repartitioned the harddrive and my win xp is actually an older version than what was on hp computer i really want to fix this computer since my grandaughter only got about 3 months of use out of it this has been an on going nightmare for about 2 weeks now also the dell recovery cd does belong to me I paid for it with my hard earned money just hope I havent' made this task more difficult by using it
m
l
July 7, 2011 4:47:23 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Windows XP by Mousemonkey
m
l
!