Looking to add after market cooling

Hello all,

Question here on what might fit in my set-up.

System Specs

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
MEMORY: G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1600 4gb (2x2GB)
GPU: Sapphire 5850
CPU: 955 Phenom II w/stock cooler stripped the OEM thermal paste replaced with Artic Silver 5
HDD: Seagate 500GB sata2 (I know sata2 board on a mobo with sata3 support, oops.)
CASE: HAF 922
PSU: 750 Watts Crossfire ready.
OPTICAL DRIVE: Lite-On DVD/CD supermulti
Lite-On Blu-ray Rom/DVD-CD supermulti <--- 45 dollars on clearance at wal-mart so why not?

My issue is that in the MOBO I have has the socket placement very close to Dimm slot 1. My concern is picking a cooler that will block it. I have inserted a picture of the mobo for reference to what I am saying. I wonder if anyone with knowledge of this board may have input on an after market cooler that would fit well.

Other thoughts.
I could just move my ram to slots 3 and 4, but that would mean future upgrades would be limiting to adding 2x4GB instead of just two more 2x2GB sticks. So double the cost for the same output. But will I really need to add more RAM in the next 3-4 years? IDK, so I would prefer to be ready in case. Yes 3-4 years in my estimated time I am looking to get out this, helping to prolong it will be a possible future sata3 SSD drive, and second 5850, and maybe more ram.

Oh reason for after market. CPU hits 58-60C on load from Bad Company 2. Seems to close to max rate for my taste.

Thanks guys for reading.
3 answers Last reply
More about looking market cooling
  1. If you really want a aftermarket cooler, I would buy one that is made for a htpc.
  2. I don't run AMD but i use a Thermalright MUX-120 which now comes in a universal version.
    I know on an 1156 mobo dimm intrusion is 2mm cuz all my dimms are full no problem.
    Plus i have Dominators(taller ram)fits with fan.
    http://www.thermalright.com/products/index.php?act=data&cat_id=27&id=146
    Click AMD pdf for install pics under support tab
    It's a very good cooler and the fan is dead quiet(20db).
  3. try arctic cooling freezer pro 7 or cooler master hyper 212+.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Overclocking