DP45SG won't post

slumley

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
I have a DP45SG motherboard that has caused me so many problems. I'll get in to the details but let me start off with the main reason for my thread which is the fact that it won't post. It has posted and worked fine but all the sudden, it won't post. I bought everything about a month ago and have had problems the whole time. I'll list what I have and what's happened.

Cooler Master HAF 932
Intel DP45SG Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
Antec Earthwatts 750 EA750
4 x 2 GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3
Buffalo BlueRay burner
SAS Backplane (3041 ???) 4 x hotswap hard drive enclosure
VisionTek HD2400 Pro Video Card
XFX 4850 Video Card
PNY GTX 285 Video Card
5 x 2 TB Western Digital Hard Drives
Highpoint 1740 raid controller
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
24" ViewSonic 1080p Full HD
Windows Vista Ultimate

At first I hooked everything up and of course nothing worked. I slowly stripped it all back down and had just the memory, one hard drive, and the HD 2400 video card installed. I tried swapping the video cards out and adding things and taking things out. Sometimes it'd work and other times it wouldn't. I've had a very hard time getting it to work consistantly. Most of the time it'd post and then as Windows was loading and the bar was going accoss and it would either reboot, have a blue screen, or the monitor would go in to stand-by mode. All of the sudden today for the first time it won't even post. At the time I had just the basics again plus the backplane hotswap enclosure.

What it's doing is this. It turns on and all the fans go on. The CPU fan goes on full speed. After about 15 seconds it turns off and then turns back on. It never beeps and nothing ever shows up on the screen. It never goes in to the bios. I tried to unplug everything. I triedI ev to remove the memory and boot. I cleared the CMOS. I even have an extra CPU that's the same which I swapped out. I can't get it to do anything different no matter what I do. The items are just out of the return policy.

Someone please help!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS