How to activate ACC on biostar TA790GX3?

ophthalmia

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
HELLO, I just installed A Phenom II X3 720 ON a Biostar TA790gx3.
i wanted to activate the ACC,but i could not find it in the bios.Help me ,please

Chronobodi

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
ehhh... about doing that...

There's only one batch AMD made to meet demands, the 0409 batch.
It's the only batch in which the cpus themselves are not defective (fully working quads) that AMD, for some reason, decided to disable one core and sell it as such.

People who bought it in late Feb/first week of March are the most likely to get it.

After that, i'm pretty sure all 720s after that do have some sort of defect in them somehow. You may do it, but it's a chance thing, not a definite thing.

The defective core can be totally unstable at all speeds, may make your computer not boot in worst-case scenarios.

best thing to do is get the 955, which just came out.

Chronobodi

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

955 are pointless? 955s are essentially 940s with DDR3 support as well as being AM3. Being AM3, that's the new socket out there, while the AM2+ will eventually go out of favor.

actually, i don't thin anybody knows if a 720 can be unlocked or not, sometimes they bin chips to lower levels so not to saturate their higher chip offerings with high volume. Though, i think i read somewhere they will be making them impossible to unlock at some point, like the old Nvidia 6800XT