I am just not sure which GPU to buy.

I was planning on buying a 24 inch monitor but have decided to stick with a 22 inch monitor.

I am building a gaming rig i have my gigabyte DS3L ep43 motherboard, and 4 gig of ddr2 1066 kingston ram on offer at ocuk im going to be buying a core 2 duo e8400 in the coming weeks.

So i guess im going to be gaming at 1600x1050 cant remember the 22inch native res lol.

I would like to play most of my games maxed out im going to be playing alot of games like fear, fear 2, oblivion, bioshock in dx10 mode, with 4aa and 16 af i am not sure if their is a great deal of difference with 2 and 4 aa someone can hopefully anwser that for me.

I would like a card which does not stutter every 2 seconds i seem to get pc's that just do not handle games well which is why i went absent for a while i have since decided to build a rig in the hope of enjoying stutter free pc games.
7 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. So you can get a HD4870...
  2. Yes but are they worth it? will they handle games 1 year from now? i was thinking of the 4850x2 but i have heard mix reviews and do not know about it.
  3. Quote:
    Yes but are they worth it? will they handle games 1 year from now? i was thinking of the 4850x2 but i have heard mix reviews and do not know about it.

4850x2 runs pretty fantastic, I just picked one up myself on newegg when they had a rebate. Most people have little issue with them now that ATI officially supports them in their drivers.

You can almost promise it will handle anything a year from now unless the next Crysis-like engine comes out between now and then.
  4. A Radeon 4870 (1GB) or a GTX 260 will both be fine and handle next year's games. The native resolution is 1680x1050.
  5. I was thinking of getting a GTX 285 and maybe buying another to go SLI
  6. mikeny said:
    I was thinking of getting a GTX 285 and maybe buying another to go SLI
    Just make sure you have the powersupply to push that.
  7. Correct! Which is why I haven't picked a PSU yet; probably something along the line of 800-1000. I was looking at Corsair and Thermaltake.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Monitors Graphics