TS2: So ... how many of us are going to rush out

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

and buy the new expansion pack? I'm thinking I'll wait and see how other
folks like it before bothering. To be honest, I'm past the age to enjoy
collage pranks. Toga parties really don't do much for me.
--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't wait to read the new bulletins - LOL!!
-----
deb

"deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
> and buy the new expansion pack? I'm thinking I'll wait and see how other
> folks like it before bothering. To be honest, I'm past the age to enjoy
> collage pranks. Toga parties really don't do much for me.
> --
> deb

Next time I'm in Walmart or Sam's club, I suspect it will be on the shelf
and I'll buy it. It adds a less than appealing age group to the mix, IMO,
but I will want the new objects. My favorite exansion from Sims1 was Hot
Date and I still want real restaurants for grownups. A career for adults,
like Superstar would be grand too.

deb wrote:
> and buy the new expansion pack? I'm thinking I'll wait and see how
> other folks like it before bothering. To be honest, I'm past the age
> to enjoy collage pranks. Toga parties really don't do much for me.

I've got some vouchers that I got for christmas which I haven't found
anything to spend on, so I'll probably get it almost as soon as it comes
out... I think I might need a new HDD before I get University though. With
my old PC I had 30GB, I managed to use abt 20-25 of that so I decided to get
a 40GB HDD with this one. I've had it about 6 months at the most now and
I've already used up almost 30GB. I think I'll get a nice fast, high
quality 60-80GB SATA.

deb wrote:
> and buy the new expansion pack? I'm thinking I'll wait and see how other
> folks like it before bothering. To be honest, I'm past the age to enjoy
> collage pranks. Toga parties really don't do much for me.

I am! I broke my leg in two places last Sunday night <sigh>
so I can't do a lot more than lie on the couch or sit in front
of the computer right now. I'm anxious for some new gameplay.

Laura

"deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
> and buy the new expansion pack? I'm thinking I'll wait and see how other
> folks like it before bothering. To be honest, I'm past the age to enjoy
> collage pranks. Toga parties really don't do much for me.
> --
> deb
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I have it on order, are you hoping for a unbiased test-drive?
I suppose the UK will be behind the US but I will certainly sling in my
twopennorth, especially if I can;t get it to run.

College life as seen through the eyes of mass-murderers, serial impregnators
and crazed plastic surgeons? Should be fun.

Granny.

Did I hear it has a pool table? If so, I will buy it because that is the
one thing I miss the most from the other Sims games. If I do buy it, it
will be for the content....the whole college experience doesn't sound all
that exciting to me.

Dianna

"k-n-d" <k-n-d@nospam.none> wrote in message
> Did I hear it has a pool table? If so, I will buy it because that is the
> one thing I miss the most from the other Sims games. If I do buy it, it
> will be for the content....the whole college experience doesn't sound all
> that exciting to me.

Yes it does. I am buying it mainly for items and the new careers. Of course
to get the new careers my Sims will have to go to univeristy but that bit
doesn't appeal to me much.

Gareeth

Jo

I won't get it straight away.... I usually get expansions when I'm getting
a little bored... and I'm still far from bored. But I dare say a birthday
or Christmas will bring it.

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
"deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
> and buy the new expansion pack? I'm thinking I'll wait and see how other
> folks like it before bothering. To be honest, I'm past the age to enjoy
> collage pranks. Toga parties really don't do much for me.
> --
> deb
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...

"deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
> and buy the new expansion pack? I'm thinking I'll wait and see how other
> folks like it before bothering. To be honest, I'm past the age to enjoy
> collage pranks. Toga parties really don't do much for me.
> --
> deb

I will actually make a special trip to the store to get it. This is my
favourite computer game. I play others (uru and neverwinter nights), but
since the sims never ends, I never stop playing it. I'll probably test out
young adult life. It might be fun if you really like a character. Funny how
you can have favourite sims and yet have others who won't get swarmed no
matter how many dirty dishes are left unwashed : (

Christine
Christine

Oh I play NWN too. I really like that.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
>> and buy the new expansion pack? I'm thinking I'll wait and see how other
>> folks like it before bothering. To be honest, I'm past the age to enjoy
>> collage pranks. Toga parties really don't do much for me.
>> --
>> deb
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Well I have it on order, are you hoping for a unbiased test-drive?
> I suppose the UK will be behind the US but I will certainly sling in my
> twopennorth, especially if I can;t get it to run.
>
> College life as seen through the eyes of mass-murderers, serial
> impregnators and crazed plastic surgeons? Should be fun.
>
> Granny.
15th March its available here in Uk, have got it on Pre Order, getting bored
at moment tried the Urbz on PS2 but didnt rate it at all,

Tracym

"Will Bradshaw" <wbradshaw@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
> tracymidd wrote:
>> 15th March its available here in Uk, have got it on Pre Order,
>> getting bored at moment tried the Urbz on PS2 but didnt rate it at
>> all,
>
> 15th? Acording to Amazon, its being released on the 11th.
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLF4/qid=1109506653/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-2394679-2557443
> Where did you get the 15th from?

I have it pre ordered from Amazon and my order said 15th, for £14.99 with
free delivery sorry,
Amazon do say released 11th march, I was looking at my delivery date..
Tracym

"tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> 15th March its available here in Uk, have got it on Pre Order, getting
> bored at moment tried the Urbz on PS2 but didnt rate it at all,

Have you tried doing some of the challenges? I was getting bored and I did
the Legacy challenge and that spiced things right up again.

Gareeth

Will Bradshaw wrote:

> tracymidd wrote:
>
>>15th March its available here in Uk, have got it on Pre Order,
>>getting bored at moment tried the Urbz on PS2 but didnt rate it at
>>all,
>

> 15th? Acording to Amazon, its being released on the 11th.
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLF4/qid=1109506653/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-2394679-2557443
> Where did you get the 15th from?

That is unusal. Most software and music are released on Tuesdays.

-georg

georg wrote:
> That is unusal. Most software and music are released on Tuesdays.

Not in the UK. AFAIK, software is released on any day and music is *always*
released on a monday as the charts are calculated on sundays, giving music
released on a monday more time to sell to get higher in the chart.

Will Bradshaw wrote:

> georg wrote:
>
>>That is unusal. Most software and music are released on Tuesdays.
>

> Not in the UK. AFAIK, software is released on any day and music is *always*
> released on a monday as the charts are calculated on sundays, giving music
> released on a monday more time to sell to get higher in the chart.

Heck, it's being released here weird- It's coming out on a Monday-
tomorrow! Didn't realize it was so soon.

Note to self, take bills out to mailbox. End of month.

-georg

> Will Bradshaw wrote:
>
>> georg wrote:
>>
>>>That is unusal. Most software and music are released on Tuesdays.
>>

>> Not in the UK. AFAIK, software is released on any day and music is
>> *always* released on a monday as the charts are calculated on sundays,
>> giving music released on a monday more time to sell to get higher in the
>> chart.
>
> Heck, it's being released here weird- It's coming out on a Monday-
> tomorrow! Didn't realize it was so soon.
>
> Note to self, take bills out to mailbox. End of month.
>
> -georg

1st March in the Uk tomorrow ( where u from Georg )
Tracym

> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> 15th March its available here in Uk, have got it on Pre Order, getting
>> bored at moment tried the Urbz on PS2 but didnt rate it at all,
>>
> Have you tried doing some of the challenges? I was getting bored and I did
> the Legacy challenge and that spiced things right up again.
>
> Gareeth
Only done some of the jobs, making sushi or in the ironmongers, sort of gave
up for a while, maybe i will try to go back to it and try some challenges,
I found it slow when i played it, took forever to go between apt to street.
Tracym

tracymidd wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Will Bradshaw wrote:

>>>Not in the UK. AFAIK, software is released on any day and music is
>>>*always* released on a monday as the charts are calculated on sundays,
>>>giving music released on a monday more time to sell to get higher in the
>>>chart.
>>
>>Heck, it's being released here weird- It's coming out on a Monday-
>>tomorrow! Didn't realize it was so soon.
>>
>>Note to self, take bills out to mailbox. End of month.
>>
>>-georg
>

> 1st March in the Uk tomorrow ( where u from Georg )
> Tracym

USA. Somewhere in the wilds of upstate NY. I don't live in the boonies,
but I've been there.

-georg