Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Memory card not detected how to recover data

Last response: in Storage
August 8, 2010 2:05:42 PM

pls help me. i want atleast my pics from MMC ( Nokia N72). If any one knows how to recover pls tell me,its very important for me.................
August 11, 2010 9:40:50 AM

Recuva. Will take some time to scan. just be patient ad run it.

Don't put nothing on that card now or your data will be erased.
Score
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 13, 2010 9:09:17 AM

If the memory card can't be detected, it's impossible to recover the data in it. Don't know if you have tried your memory card in other devices such as digital camera or PC. Just plug your memory card in those listed devices, see if it can be detected. If yes, as to the lost photo data, I think you can rely on this picture recovery too called Wondershare Photo Recovery to recover photos lost. Or refer this article talking about 3 ways to recover deleted pictures from memory card for more info. If all in all the memory card is unable to be recognized, Your memory card may be corrupted, the only way to recover your picture data is to send it to a computer shop or for data recovery services.
Score
Related resources
December 23, 2010 7:48:32 AM

First do not panic! It is possible to recover your pictures if you take care. Take the card from the phone (powered off) and if it has a "write protect" tab then lock it now. Do not try and write anything to the card or you risk causing more problems.

You can either plug in you camera to the PC as it should appear as a “Removable Drive” or put the card in a card reader attached to your PC.

Next, if you are comfortable with using a PC then you can download a photo recovery utility that will recover your photos from the following link:

Recuva (for Windows, freeware)
Photo Recovery for Mac(Apple Download)

If freeware won't help then you need something a little more "user friendly" then you will need to buy the software. If you search the web for photo recovery software you will find many.

One I have used successfully is Wondershare Photo Recovery that used to be bundled with some other products. Now you can get it from the link below:
http://www.wondershare.com/pro/photo-recovery.html

You can try the demo to see what you can recover before buying. Remember - Do NOT try & write anything back to the card until you can recover your pictures to your PC safely!
Score
November 9, 2011 2:42:53 AM

i cant detect my memory card from any device can i get access memory to the card again or is totally spoilt
Score
a c 180 G Storage
November 28, 2011 8:21:28 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!