Problems with new os

Hello,My name is dennis.I put windows vista on my computer about 3 days ago.But now I don't get the same frame rate.When I had XP I got about 93 fps on my nvidia 6800XT now that I got windows vista
I only get about 65...Could this be a driver issue.The rest of my computer u know out side of gaming
vista runs fine.
3 answers Last reply
More about problems
  1. lol sounds like an apple comercial...
    ""Hello,My name is dennis.I put windows vista on my computer about 3 days ago."'

Dennis, can you see or feel a difference between 65 FPS and 93 FPS? Generally speaking Vista runs slower then XP.

You could try updating your video card drivers.
  2. could you post your system specs? try the latest nvidia drivers.
  3. Dento180 said:
    Hello,My name is dennis.I put windows vista on my computer about 3 days ago.But now I don't get the same frame rate.When I had XP I got about 93 fps on my nvidia 6800XT now that I got windows vista
    I only get about 65...Could this be a driver issue.The rest of my computer u know out side of gaming
    vista runs fine.

First try updating your video card drivers to the latest ones 182.06 I believe.If this does not work,then update the MB bios.If you still have the same issue,then it's a VISTA issue.But it's highly unlikely you will actually percieve the difference yourself with the naked eye.65 FPS is still very good framerate.Goodluck.

Dahak

ASUS P5N-D
    C2D E8500 STOCK
    2X2GIG DDR2 1066 IN DC MODE
    TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
    EVGA GTX 260
    SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
    LG 24IN WS LCD 1920X1080
    250GIG HD/500GIG HD
    LOGITECH G15 GAMING KEYBOARD
    G5 GAMING MOUSE
    LOGITECH Z-5500 5.1 SURROUND SYSTEM