fat32 to ntfs, when converting wants to dismount boot drive

When i tried converting my boot drive (it only has 1 partain) through the DOS promt. it asks me if i want to dismount the hard drive. it says (word-for-word)'Convert can not run because the volume is in use by another prosses. Convert may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL OPEN HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismounted on this volume? (y/n)'
what should i do to convert my drive to ntfs?
help!
note: the drive i want to convert is the system drive, and has only one partain. it cuurent FS is FAT32
1 answer Last reply
More about fat32 ntfs converting dismount boot drive

    Hello
    You will have to close everything that is running, it will be running in
    FAT32 or just select Y and then restart and the change will take place.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307881

    --
    Hope This Helps
    Haus