fat32 to ntfs, when converting wants to dismount boot drive

April 27, 2004 11:01:10 PM

When i tried converting my boot drive (it only has 1 partain) through the DOS promt. it asks me if i want to dismount the hard drive. it says (word-for-word)'Convert can not run because the volume is in use by another prosses. Convert may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL OPEN HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismounted on this volume? (y/n)'
what should i do to convert my drive to ntfs?
help!
note: the drive i want to convert is the system drive, and has only one partain. it cuurent FS is FAT32
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 2:49:32 AM

Hello
You will have to close everything that is running, it will be running in
FAT32 or just select Y and then restart and the change will take place.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307881

--
Hope This Helps
Haus