WC Aftermath

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Hey everyone i have been having problems with my computer lately. I have a 1 tb HDD hard drive and one 128 gb SSD now i cant ever access the HDD because it says it has corrupted data. So i asked around and was told that this is because both hard drives are being seen as primaries in the Bois by the computer. Now how do i make the SSD be seen as the primary and the HDD seen as the secondary hard drive? I have a evga x58 3x sli motherboard and was looking in the bois to at least try to do this by myself and i couldn't even find the SSD only the HDD? Any ideas, thanks you guys :hello:

I do not know of any modern SSD that is not SATA which is point to point and has no primary/secondary.
I don't think there are any 1tb drives which are not sata also. Primary/secondary refers to old IDE drives.

Your hard drive may be in fact defective. Download and run the diagnostics for your hard drive from the manufacturer's web site. You may fix the problem by reformatting it, and getting rid of some bad sectors.