theacclaimed

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
I just posted this, and I don't know if it got moved/deleted or if I messed it up somehow... anyway I don't know if this belongs here but I have a weird temp reading in HWMonitor called TMPIN2 thats reading 128C. I've had it up for around 5 minutes and it stays exactly at that temp. Is this a bad sensor, and is there any way to tell what part its trying to read? Basically, should I even worry about this? My computer has been running fine since I built it around 1.5 months ago, and all other temps seem normal.

Here is a pic showing the my temps in HWMonitor and speedfan, both show the abnormally high reading: http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8240/tempsr.png

Solution
That's those programs pulling from a temp sensor that is non-existant/isn't installed in your system. Don't worry about it. SpeedFan is actually reading it as -128C, not that it matters.

jrhii

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
That's those programs pulling from a temp sensor that is non-existant/isn't installed in your system. Don't worry about it. SpeedFan is actually reading it as -128C, not that it matters.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS