Broken evga nforce680 - Suggestions for a new one with my old hardware

latebeat

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Hi all,

yesterday my evga nforce 680i died ( Unfortunately I did not registered it within the 30 day period so I don't have a limited lifetime warranty. I called evga and they told me I have to get a new one since it's out of warranty.

I've got an SLI setup 2x Geforce 8800 GTX, DDR2 1066Mhz Ram and a quad core cpu. Can someone recommend a good SLI mobo to replace my old one? I don't wanna jump to a DDR3 platform since I've got 8gigs of ddr2 which would go to waste. Also as I mentioned SLI support is required as I've got 2 cards.

Since I haven't been keeping up with the market the only chipset that I'm aware supporting my hardware is the 780i.

Any other recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.

latebeat

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Yep. I bought the motherboard from www.dabs.com (UK site) in dec 06 but I registered the board on their site in feb 07. And the delay was because I had to send a copy of the invoice so I was postponing the whole thing.

When I spoke with customer support on the phone they were adamant about me not registering the product within 30 days and as such I'm only eligible for the normal 2 year warranty. Although I'm curious about the fact that their terms and conditions state that the limited lifetime warranty is only offered for purchases in north america.
Anyhow, I have to get a new board now...
I think I'll sell my RAM on ebay and get some cheap ddr3 to upgrade to nforce 790i in order to get some better OC performance on my quad core.