Broken evga nforce680 - Suggestions for a new one with my old hardware

Hi all,

yesterday my evga nforce 680i died ( Unfortunately I did not registered it within the 30 day period so I don't have a limited lifetime warranty. I called evga and they told me I have to get a new one since it's out of warranty.

I've got an SLI setup 2x Geforce 8800 GTX, DDR2 1066Mhz Ram and a quad core cpu. Can someone recommend a good SLI mobo to replace my old one? I don't wanna jump to a DDR3 platform since I've got 8gigs of ddr2 which would go to waste. Also as I mentioned SLI support is required as I've got 2 cards.

Since I haven't been keeping up with the market the only chipset that I'm aware supporting my hardware is the 780i.

Any other recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about broken evga nforce680 suggestions hardware
  1. You're mostly right there, as I'm not sure if there are any SLI-capable boards that don't run on the 780i platform. What do you think of the ASUS Striker II Formula?
  2. Have you thought of an e8400 p45 mainboard combo, selling your pair of 8800s, and going with one GTX 275? Easier to OC and maintain.
  3. Seems like EVGA won't work with anyone with failed EVGA products just for missing to register within 30 days?
  4. Yep. I bought the motherboard from www.dabs.com (UK site) in dec 06 but I registered the board on their site in feb 07. And the delay was because I had to send a copy of the invoice so I was postponing the whole thing.

When I spoke with customer support on the phone they were adamant about me not registering the product within 30 days and as such I'm only eligible for the normal 2 year warranty. Although I'm curious about the fact that their terms and conditions state that the limited lifetime warranty is only offered for purchases in north america.
    Anyhow, I have to get a new board now...
    I think I'll sell my RAM on ebay and get some cheap ddr3 to upgrade to nforce 790i in order to get some better OC performance on my quad core.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards EVGA SLI Product