TheBigGuy

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004
I was looking to add Hybrid SLI to my new build:
An ASUS P5N7A-VM nVidia GeForce 9300 MotherBoard with INTEL Q9550 Core 2 Quad CPU.
2X2GB Corsair XMS2-6400 (DDR2-800). OCZ OCZ600MXSP 600W SLI/CrossFire Power Supply.
Running Vista Home 64 bit.

Used for light gaming, Email and Video.
Hoping to improve gaming

With normal SLI you ussually pair two of the same cards.
Do I try to match the 9300 chipset with the one card?
Was wondering what is the best card to put into this set up?

Heard I shoould stay with a 8xxxx or 9xxxx nVidia card.

Anyone using SLI?

P.S. will be adding another2X4GB

MikeJRamsey

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
I am not familiar with your MOBO but it is said that the GeForce 8400 gs video cards were compatible with Hybrid SLI capable IGP motherboards.

Sidthekid

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Don't touch that button!
You would be missing out on a great opportunity to GREATLY increase your graphical output.
You are using a GeForce 9300 mobo, which has a graphics proccessors equal to that of a 8400 GS grahpics card. Because of this, you can use a 8400 on your mobo and initialize Hybrid SLI, with the proper drivers of course. With Hybrid SLI you get 2 major features. The first is what SLI was based upon, the ability to combine your graphic proccessors, and double your graphical output. The other is the ability to decrease your power usage by turning of your graphics card when you don't need and swithing back to the mobo processor for basic Vista applications. This can be done with a simple Windows taskbar icon, that functions very similarly to the power scheme on a laptop.

-A very crazy 13 year old gamer, who wasted a lot of time looking this up. But it was worth every minute of super graphics gaming!

TRENDING THREADS